Nothing about NAS Gate 2

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I was thinking more along the lines of causing a wreck and killing someone. Just park a car carrier right on a road where people regularly go 70 mph.
that happened VERY frequently when they were building the new Nissan dealership. I watched several extremely close calls.

PeoplesElbow

well Lemmon sounds like a lemon. I would never survive in the govt world
Believe it or not this isn't government, but office worker culture. My other half works for United Health Care and the emails she gets are 10x worse.

Im talking morning inspirational quotes, team inspiring meetings etc.

Yossarian

Believe it or not this isn't government, but office worker culture. My other half works for United Health Care and the emails she gets are 10x worse.

Im talking morning inspirational quotes, team inspiring meetings etc.
This. Worked in management for a large corporation for many years, and everyone seemed to feel the need to attach some type of inspirational quote to the signature line of their emails.

BernieP

Resident PIA
that happened VERY frequently when they were building the new Nissan dealership. I watched several extremely close calls.
All three of the dealerships on 235 in California have done it.
In fact I was wondering if when they close the road down when they are taking delivery off the highway, do they have to compensate the state?
Or is it that they can do it with impunity?
I'm sure if one of us stopped a big vehicle in the road, the po po would be ticketing our ass.

Back to Pax River NAS. Don't forget, NAVAIR, and NAWCAD are just two of the tenants on the base, they have no direct control over what the CO of the NAS does. He takes his orders from an Admiral at the Navy Yard in DC. The facilities are run by Naval District Washington (NDW)

The tenant commands will probably have to put up more money if they want more gates / guards working.

I always wonder how people can go off base for lunch when it takes almost a half hour at times to get back on base because there is only a single inbound lane upen.

PeoplesElbow

All three of the dealerships on 235 in California have done it.
In fact I was wondering if when they close the road down when they are taking delivery off the highway, do they have to compensate the state?
Or is it that they can do it with impunity?
I'm sure if one of us stopped a big vehicle in the road, the po po would be ticketing our ass.

Back to Pax River NAS. Don't forget, NAVAIR, and NAWCAD are just two of the tenants on the base, they have no direct control over what the CO of the NAS does. He takes his orders from an Admiral at the Navy Yard in DC. The facilities are run by Naval District Washington (NDW)

The tenant commands will probably have to put up more money if they want more gates / guards working.

I always wonder how people can go off base for lunch when it takes almost a half hour at times to get back on base because there is only a single inbound lane upen.
I can go somewhere like Chick-fil-A and back in about 40 mins and that is to the complete opposite corner of the base, but also bringing my food back

BernieP

Resident PIA
I can go somewhere like Chick-fil-A and back in about 40 mins and that is to the complete opposite corner of the base, but also bringing my food back
30 minute lunch break.
Most days the schedule is tight and I can't risk getting caught in traffic, on or off base.

wubbles

This. Worked in management for a large corporation for many years, and everyone seemed to feel the need to attach some type of inspirational quote to the signature line of their emails.
I once saw a guy that had a quote on his email signature attributed to his direct supervisor that very clearly was something off of a fortune cookie. It was the most sad and pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.

PeoplesElbow

I once saw a guy that had a quote on his email signature attributed to his direct supervisor that very clearly was something off of a fortune cookie. It was the most sad and pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.
That's some low rent ass kissing.

We had a boss go on AirSpeed rotation training and our resident ass kisser got up in front of 100 or so people and asked " how are we going to cope, losing someone as talented as him for six months!?!?" The entire station theatre groaned.