NOV Competetive-Pleasure Ride at Doncaster

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pleasure/Competitive Ride
November 8th, 2009
Doncaster State Forest

Ride Flyer (which includes directions) is posted to the SMTR Website:
http://www.smtr.us/09rides/Nov09Competitive-pleasure.pdf

For a Rider/Driver handbook or to learn more about competitive riding check, out ECTRA's website Welcome to ECTRA's Web site.

Clinic-Competitive Ride
10 miles
Registration and vetting in starts at 8:30
Clinic to start after vetting or about 9:30
River order will be posted at ride brief
Riders will start out at approximately 10:30 and at every 2 to 3 minute intervals until all competitors are out.

Competitive Ride will be limited to 30 riders and all riders must attend the ride brief. Pre-registration on a first come-first served basis is allowed and encouraged.

Divisions:
Youth 18 & Under
Adult 19-49
Senior 50 plus
Novice

Competitive Ride Fees:
SMTR Members: $15.00
Non-Members: $20.00
SMTR Youth 18 and under $10.00
Non-Member Youth 12 and under 15.00
Youth riders must be accompanied by an adult
Helmets are strongly encouraged.

Pleasure Ride
8-10 miles
Registration opens at 10:30
Pleasure riders out between 11:30-12:30

Pleasure Ride Fees:
SMTR Members: $10.00
SMTR Youth Under 18: FREE
Non-Members $15.00
Non-Member Youth 12 & Under $10.00

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
There are approximately thirteen miles of trails and woods roads at Doncaster Demonstration Forest. The Forest is located approximately 15 mile west of La Plata MD (from US-301) on Maryland Highway 6 (Port Tobacco Road). Turn on Forest Road, a grass parking area is located on the left; call 301-934-2543for more information.

DFSquare

Coming from La Plata, it is on the right shortly after the Charles County Police Training Facility.

Just looked it up and it's 10 miles from my house. So excited! :yahoo: Ok, ok, someone try to keep the new girl under control, huh????

You know what will happen if it rains, right? :cds:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Just looked it up and it's 10 miles from my house. So excited! :yahoo: Ok, ok, someone try to keep the new girl under control, huh????

You know what will happen if it rains, right? :cds:

I thought that is why you wanted to go. :roflmao:

Oh, and if it rains......., :whistle:..............you get wet.:killingme

:thewave:

DFSquare

I thought that is why you wanted to go. :roflmao:

Oh, and if it rains......., :whistle:..............you get wet.:killingme

:thewave:

Hey, I'd drive an hour to ride! I've driven 4 hours for a weekend get away that included about 8 hours of riding over the weekend.

I'm one of those desperate horse lovers without a horse! Hey, I even rode in the snow in Germany! Now the rain, well, we did have a covered area for the rain. But since I've ridden in a river, I suppose I could ride in the rain.

But I'm thinking a river in the summer and the rain in the fall are 2 totally different experiences. :killingme

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Hey, I'd drive an hour to ride! I've driven 4 hours for a weekend get away that included about 8 hours of riding over the weekend.

I'm one of those desperate horse lovers without a horse! Hey, I even rode in the snow in Germany! Now the rain, well, we did have a covered area for the rain. But since I've ridden in a river, I suppose I could ride in the rain.

But I'm thinking a river in the summer and the rain in the fall are 2 totally different experiences. :killingme

Yes ma'am,........bring a jacket!

:lmao:

ElliesMom

The December ride is my FAVORITE!!! I will go stag if I have to!

*Long string of cursing*
Army FRG Christmas party........MEH!
Foiled again.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
The December ride is my FAVORITE!!! I will go stag if I have to!

*Long string of cursing*
Army FRG Christmas party........MEH!
Foiled again.

:howdy:
That is a very nice ride. The weather was great for it last year, let's hope that this year the weather is as nice. :yahoo: