Now It's Bad Because It Looks Dangerous!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Here's what the "Australian Solution" means....

Bolt-action rifle ordered turned in by Australian officials as it’s too ‘assaulty’

If so, that would mean hunting rifles such as the Ruger (bolt action) Precision Rifle would be banned. Not because it is an "assault rifle" (it isn't) or even that it can fire in semi-automatic mode (it can't), but because it LOOKS like an AR.

If not sliding down the slippery slope means anything at all we do NOT want to buy into the "Australian Solution."

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

Here's what the "Australian Solution" means....

Bolt-action rifle ordered turned in by Australian officials as it’s too ‘assaulty’

If so, that would mean hunting rifles such as the Ruger (bolt action) Precision Rifle would be banned. Not because it is an "assault rifle" (it isn't) or even that it can fire in semi-automatic mode (it can't), but because it LOOKS like an AR.

If not sliding down the slippery slope means anything at all we do NOT want to buy into the "Australian Solution."

--- End of line (MCP)

A majority of the states (if not all) that have banned ARs do it on a looks basis. Folding/extneding stocks, barrell thickness, foregrips, bayonet, etc. are all visual features and are used as the basis to ban a firearm. It doesn't make sense that an AR-15 that semi-automatically shoots a .223 round is more deadly or dangerous than a Mini-14 that semi-automatically shoots a .223 round.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, it's the "Dumb and Dumber" of laws.

http://www.firearmownersunited.com/2018/01/07/australias-dumbest-gun-laws-firearm-appearance-laws/

Mr Burrough said a rifle coloured black which had been fitted with a custom stock and chassis — the body of the rifle — had been rejected by the registry. He then painted the gun red, white and blue, asking if it still appeared like a military weapon, but said it was again prohibited. Mr Burrough, whose business is within Nationals MP Mr Grant’s electorate in central west NSW, said he’s been forced to restrict its trade in NSW because of what he calls the ambiguity around the laws.

black dog

Free America
A majority of the states (if not all) that have banned ARs do it on a looks basis. Folding/extneding stocks, barrell thickness, foregrips, bayonet, etc. are all visual features and are used as the basis to ban a firearm. It doesn't make sense that an AR-15 that semi-automatically shoots a .223 round is more deadly or dangerous than a Mini-14 that semi-automatically shoots a .223 round.

That makes my HK93, HK33 and FNC rifles double black and double scary...

glhs837

Power with Control
And twice more lethal than they were before.

I think I'm okay with my 10/22 only having two 25 round mags, but I am a bit worried about what might happen if I add a sighting device, I think that might tip it from Lawful Evil to Chaotic Evil.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can hear all my scary black imports tapping on the vault walls trying to get out to cause pain and discomfort......
I thank God I don't keep any ammunition or magazines with them.

I had to quit leaving the batteries in my optics..they kept staring at me with obviously evil intent.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think I'm okay with my 10/22 only having two 25 round mags, but I am a bit worried about what might happen if I add a sighting device, I think that might tip it from Lawful Evil to Chaotic Evil.

On the big scale of scary black rifles, I think mine is akin the little guy From TRilogy of Terror. :) pewpewpew

black dog

Free America

You need to get that triple black M60 stock and a BMF Activator for it..
[video=youtube_share;CSHeIQn0baU]https://youtu.be/CSHeIQn0baU[/video]

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
A majority of the states (if not all) that have banned ARs do it on a looks basis.

Agreed.

My point was not that we don't have it here in The U.S. already, more that we should shoot down all this yammering about the wisdom of the "Australian Solution." Critics of critics of the A.S. want examples why it's bad in practice. Purpose here was to provide a glaring example why it is so.

Thanks for the comments.

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

Agreed.

My point was not that we don't have it here in The U.S. already, more that we should shoot down all this yammering about the wisdom of the "Australian Solution." Critics of critics of the A.S. want examples why it's bad in practice. Purpose here was to provide a glaring example why it is so.

Thanks for the comments.

--- End of line (MCP)

The Melbourne Institute agrees with you.

The 1996-97 National Firearms Agreement (NFA) in Australia introduced strict gun
laws, primarily as a reaction to the mass shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania in 1996,
where 35 people were killed. Despite the fact that several researchers using the same
data have examined the impact of the NFA on firearm deaths, a consensus does not
appear to have been reached. In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm
deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means
to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did
not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates
http://melbourneinstitute.unimelb.edu.au/downloads/working_paper_series/wp2008n17.pdf

BOP

I can hear all my scary black imports tapping on the vault walls trying to get out to cause pain and discomfort......
I thank God I don't keep any ammunition or magazines with them.

They'd probably shoot each other in their angst. Think of the mess when you open the vault.

BOP

Gonna bypass neutral evil and right into chaotic? The days we live in, my friend.

BOP

https://breaking.americanewscentral...photo-scary-gun-online-finds-actually-posted/

From Conservative Tribune:

As such, they are also pushing yet another legislative attempt to ban “assault weapons,” a made-up term that essentially constitutes any sort of firearm that looks like something the military would use, but in actuality is a standard semi-automatic firearm with certain cosmetic features, of which there are millions upon millions in common use.

Unfortunately for them, their fear and loathing when it comes to firearms runs so deep that they can’t even keep straight what kinds of weapons they claim they do and don’t want to ban — likely because they don’t even know the basics of firearms and how they operate in the first place.