Now New York is going to reopen

WingsOfGold

No, all of my nieces and nephews worked and volunteered in high school, put themselves through college and most were home owners before reaching 30.
There aren't any slackers or basement dwellers in my family, if that was what you were implying!
I wasn't implying anything :rolleyes: BUT for her to ask you if you would move back suggest naivety.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I wasn't implying anything :rolleyes: BUT for her to ask you if you would move back suggest naivety.
I can assure you that the niece that asked is far from naive. We were discussing my recent retirement and when my husband retires, that we will get out of MD.
On her part, it may have been wishful thinking since I have lived away from there longer than I ever lived there.
Whatever. I am done with this discussion.

WingsOfGold

I can assure you that the niece that asked is far from naive. We were discussing my recent retirement and when my husband retires, that we will get out of MD.
On her part, it may have been wishful thinking since I have lived away from there longer than I ever lived there.
Whatever. I am done with this discussion.
Well ...... good.

frequentflier

happy to be living
A couple of days after I posted about the small family owned restaurant being closed, they and others were open again. Certain counties had orange and yellow zones; in one you could be open with limited capacity and the other take out only. Many restaraunt owners filed a lawsuit because it was unfair and because of the lawsuit, were allowed to reopen. At least for now.
It was nice to be able to support them and other small businesses that were "allowed" to reopen. The staff were very happy to be back at work and the food was always great. One place we went for a fish fry on Friday night was packed and listening to conversations, it was a local hang out and people were happy to see each other again!
I am back in MD now and will especially miss the breakfasts. "Real" home fries and I often had a spinach/feta omlette that could have fed a family of four!