jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

:shocking:

GoodnessME

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I sure am happy that the utility pole protected all that fencing behind it. Can you imagine the disgust the owner were to have by replacing with new lighter-in-color boards with all that old good looking rustic fencing? Plus it would be a distraction for other drivers to have to notice the change in scenery. People be thinking. Why didn't the guy just replace the entire fence line? And stuff like that.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That fencing gets taken out on the regular, I'm thinking the average is 3 times a year for repairs. That's a flat curve at the end of a long straight away with no shoulder. Usually the vehicles leave the road at the apex of the curve which is 20 yards behind where this happened. Looks like he left the road surface and hit the guide wires just right so he could ride the wires and not go through the pole which is fortunate for the driver and everyone downstream of that pole.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm just glad cell phone cameras and the internet were not around when I did a similar thing.

:sshrug:

Ended up perpendicular on the side of the road?

This is a real question: how did you do that?

I know you and know that you're not some crazy reckless person, so I'm genuinely interested in how that happened. Not trying to bust on you or anything like that.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Ended up perpendicular on the side of the road?

This is a real question: how did you do that?

I know you and know that you're not some crazy reckless person, so I'm genuinely interested in how that happened. Not trying to bust on you or anything like that.
Well, mostly I wasn't paying attention.

Was looking/staring at a new home being built on the side of rt 5, looked back to the road and there was a car stopped right in front of me to make a left turn. I yanked the wheel to the right, went in a ditch, front tire caught the guide wire for a phone pole and up we went. Big ole station wagon sitting nose in the air.

Got 5 kids under 6 (mine and my sister's) out and sitting on the side of the road. Talk about a buncha wide-eyed kids! (None of us hurt, thank God!)

Lots of cars stopped, someone ran home and called police and DH. Tow truck pulled the car down-laughing his head off.

No ticket or anything, 'cause I avoided an accident. :sshrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My brother was working on St. Catherine's all day..got hung up in that accident traffic mess for a bit when he headed home but managed to get turned around and get out via Oakley.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, mostly I wasn't paying attention.

Was looking/staring at a new home being built on the side of rt 5, looked back to the road and there was a car stopped right in front of me to make a left turn. I yanked the wheel to the right, went in a ditch, front tire caught the guide wire for a phone pole and up we went. Big ole station wagon sitting nose in the air.

Got 5 kids under 6 (mine and my sister's) out and sitting on the side of the road. Talk about a buncha wide-eyed kids! (None of us hurt, thank God!)

Lots of cars stopped, someone ran home and called police and DH. Tow truck pulled the car down-laughing his head off.

No ticket or anything, 'cause I avoided an accident. :sshrug:

Holy cow. Glad you weren't hurt.

And thank you for painting that picture for me. I could never quite get the mechanics of that sort of thing down but now I see it clearly. :yay:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I don't know if any of the kids remember this happening. Guess I'll ask at the Christmas dinner table.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They've updated the story with the name and picture of the driver, plus her recent criminal history:

UPDATE 12/11/2019: The driver of the pickup truck was identified as Trisha Ann Boger Evans, 36 of Bushwood.
Charges are pending in this case.

Evans was stopped by police on 12/6/2019, at 4:50 p.m., she was arrested and charged with the following:
  • (DRIVING, ATT.TO DRIVE) VEH. WHILE SO FAR IMPAIRED BY (DRUG(S),DRUG(S) & ALCO.)) CANNOT DRIVE SAFELY
  • (DRIVING, ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE) VEH. WHILE IMPAIRED BY CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE
  • PERSON DRIVING MOTOR VEH. ON (HWY., PUBLIC USE PROPERTY) ON SUSPENDED OUT OF STATE LIC.
  • NEGLIGENT DRIVING
After a traffic stop on 9/14/2019 at 5:40 a.m., Trisha Ann Boger Evans, 36 of Bushwood, was issued the following traffic citations:
  • EXCEEDING POSTED MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT: 64 MPH IN A POSTED 55 MPH ZONE
  • FAILURE OF INDIVIDUAL DRIVING ON HIGHWAY TO DISPLAY LICENSE TO UNIFORMED POLICE ON DEMAND
  • DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY WITHOUT REQUIRED LICENSE AND AUTHORIZATION
  • PERSON DRIVING MOTOR VEHICLE ON HIGHWAY OR PUBLIC USE PROPERTY ON SUSPENDED OUT-OF-STATE LICENSE

She needs to be locked away for the safety of herself and everyone else. Wow. :shocked: