Now we know: it was (and remains) an attempted coup

SamSpade

That’s some hilarious revisionist history.

Trump, the current president lead the birther charge.

And it had about as much traction in the press as the "truther" campaign (that's the one where Bush
orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and the "missile" attack on the Pentagon).

I'm sorry, but in terms of scope, they're not equivalent.

Funny how that revenge has somehow lead to so many crimes being uncovered and so many convictions

If by that you mean the Trump/Russian collusion stuff, has anyone been convicted of a crime that actually
has to do with what they're investigating? I see people being convicted of stuff that happened over a decade ago
and people being charged with lying - but so far nothing to do with "collusion".

We have Scooter Libby as the poster boy for an investigation gone silly - a man convicted for perjury and obstruction
of justice - for a crime the prosecutor already KNEW who had done it. Heck, we had people go to jail during the
Red Scare and they didn't do a damned thing.

This_person

Since they couldn’t use the 25th they tried to go ‘full birther’ on Obama and they were led by none other than the current Cheeto in Cheif. :yay:

I thought they were led by the Clinton campaign in 2008, when one of her supporters (Philip Berg) actually filed lawsuits against Mr. Obama.

Wait, yes, that's exactly what happened. Unless, of course, you can find the lawsuit brought by Trump before that, it would seem you are (yet again) wrong even in your attempt to deflect, let alone the initial point.

Midnightrider

And it had about as much traction in the press as the "truther" campaign (that's the one where Bush
orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and the "missile" attack on the Pentagon).

I'm sorry, but in terms of scope, they're not equivalent.

If by that you mean the Trump/Russian collusion stuff, has anyone been convicted of a crime that actually
has to do with what they're investigating? I see people being convicted of stuff that happened over a decade ago
and people being charged with lying - but so far nothing to do with "collusion".

We have Scooter Libby as the poster boy for an investigation gone silly - a man convicted for perjury and obstruction
of justice - for a crime the prosecutor already KNEW who had done it. Heck, we had people go to jail during the
Red Scare and they didn't do a damned thing.
You are kidding right?
It got covered plenty, both from the ‘he is a birther’ side and the ‘can you believe these idiot birther’ side.

It sure looks like roger stone had something to do with what they are investigating. 🤷

Midnightrider

They were discussing it in context of drumming up something to remove the President that we elected.

It's dismaying that someone has to explain that to you.
How else would anyone discuss it? That’s the purpose of the 25th. Where is he ‘illegal’ part?

This_person

Btw, the 25th is part of the constitution. There is nothing traitorous about discussing using it.
There's no reason to invoke the 25th, so an attempt to do so is like locking up an opponent when no crime was committed. Attempting to abuse the constitution, not follow the constitution, is the coup. It's really pretty simple.

But, how do I know there's no good reason to invoke the 25th? Virtually no one would. Even the people who hate Trump didn't think it rose to any level close to invoking the 25th. So, trying to do so as a subordinate to the Cabinet level, when the Cabinet members won't do it - that's a coup attempt.

This_person

Explain how else you would use it if not to remove a duly elected president?
WHO?

YOu have to think about it all, not just the parts you like to think about.

There's no reason to invoke the 25th, so an attempt to do so is like locking up an opponent when no crime was committed. Attempting to abuse the constitution, not follow the constitution, is the coup. It's really pretty simple.

But, how do I know there's no good reason to invoke the 25th? Virtually no one would. Even the people who hate Trump didn't think it rose to any level close to invoking the 25th. So, trying to do so as a subordinate to the Cabinet level, when the Cabinet members won't do it - that's a coup attempt.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Explain how else you would use it if not to remove a duly elected president?

You explain it, troll. You're the one insisting that it's not a coup attempt.

You know what? Don't bother. I'm zenning you out, too. There's only so much stupid I can take in any given day and you've exceeded your limit.

Midnightrider

You explain it, troll. You're the one insisting that it's not a coup attempt.

You know what? Don't bother. I'm zenning you out, too. There's only so much stupid I can take in any given day and you've exceeded your limit.
:poorbaby:

I have explained it. Discussing the use of a constitutional amendment is by definition not a coup.

This_person

Discussing the use of a constitutional amendment is by definition not a coup.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’ve looked and the only place I see ‘illegal recording’ coming out of McCabes mouth is in your posts.

I would be very concerned if I thought that is what happened. But it looks to me like there was plenty of smoke to initiate the investigation. How many convictions is it going to take before you get concerned about the trump campaign?

Quote from McCabe: "... and in the context of that conversation, the deputy attorney general offered to wear a wire into the White House. He said 'I never get searched when I go into the White House. So, I could easily wear a recording device they wouldn't know was there.'"

If recording the president, without his (or anyone else's in the WH) knowledge was legal, why would have to sneak a recording device in?

I'm still waiting for that "Trump collusion" thing to come out from Mueller. Two years and still nothing. Just because I had a lot of friend who committed crimes doesn't mean I'm guilty of any crime.

PsyOps

Pixelated
:poorbaby:

I have explained it. Discussing the use of a constitutional amendment is by definition not a coup.

Well, given that they had no justification for even thinking of invoking it give one reason to believe they had faulty intentions of removing the president. And, since the 25th failed them, move on to the next attempt - a special counsel. Two years and nothing on Trump.

Keep the faith MR.