Now we know: it was (and remains) an attempted coup

Midnightrider

Except for the part where it's a matter of public record and not even the people accused are denying it.

Try and suck less, m'kay?
:killingme
There might be things that are public record, but none of them are a coup. If there were public record of a coup and trump didn’t do anything to prosecute it, that would make him the weakest president in modern time.

Again, IF it happened why isn’t trump doing anything about it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You need to go live in a country where this crap is acceptable and get out of ours. You saying it's not a coup doesn't make it not a coup. It's clearly an attempt by a clandestine organization to overthrow our government and unseat our President. That would be your basic coup.

trump didn’t do anything to prosecute it

Go back to civics class and try again. Do you know ANYTHING about our system of government in this country? Anything at all?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Some basic definitions for you chuckleheads and our resident Guficer 2.0 wannabe:
Now I am a Russian / GRU Hacker ?

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... or a Russian Bot or a Russian From Minsk

Just so you morons can understand ... the idea that using a Constitutional amendment to remove an inept, incompetent, unfit, or law breaking President is not, under any definition a coup d'etat.

Now, comrade ... chuckleheads...please locate the word "incapacitation" or any variation of the word. The key phrase in Section 4 uses the terminology "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office". (Sects 1-3 are not relevant here,nor do they contain the word incapacitated in any of its forms.)

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

Ok ... so Mr. Dershowitz (who, btw, has tossed his credibility aside by his consistent arguing for every position the current President takes ... he has become nothing more than a partisan hack.) ... uses the term incapacity ... so what does that mean??

Does that include his Opposition to Trump Declaring a National Emergency ? Is Dershowitz Still a HACK then.
FACT of the matter is YOU have utter contempt for ANYONE who holds a World View COUNTER To YOURS

that person or persons is ignorati, a Russian, Spitbubble, Ivy League Lite ... etc
You are not here to have a discussion, you only want to spew your vile invective, and insults, showing off your alleged superior intellect
if ONLY Americans have VOTED for YOUR one TRUE Republcian, we would not be stuck with Trump

Donald Trump has been unfit for the normal functioning of the Office of the Presidency since the day he came down the escalator. Therefore, by the normal definition of "incapacitated", the 25th Amendment became applicable to Trump the moment he completed his oath of office.

4 Paragraphs and all you are SPEWING is Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Assumption and making
Ad Hominem Attacks

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Midnightrider

You need to go live in a country where this crap is acceptable and get out of ours. You saying it's not a coup doesn't make it not a coup. It's clearly an attempt by a clandestine organization to overthrow our government and unseat our President. That would be your basic coup.

What clandestine organization? Even by your own conspiracy theory it was the FBI and they did everything on the record.

Btw, the 25th is part of the constitution. There is nothing traitorous about discussing using it.

Go back to civics class and try again. Do you know ANYTHING about our system of government in this country? Anything at all?

Coming from the queen of ‘explain this’ third grade civics lessons that cute.

I know that the president has the authority to appoint a SC. He also controls the DOJ. There is nothing stopping him from initiating and investigation except for the fact that there was no coup.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I have no political ideology and I'm a long time independent, and it was quite obvious to me that this whole thing was a coup attempt.

Trump is a political outsider and he was not supposed to win! It was supposed to be either Clinton or Jeb Bush and the DNC and RNC hate him equally. The establishment is furious that he cancelled the Trans-Pacific Partnership and wants to get the USA out of the establishment's never ending wars. They hate him! That's why, even though I always thought of Trump as a boob before the election, he has my full support now. Just the fact that he cancelled the TPP and did away with the ObamaCareScam penalty makes him a national hero.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no political ideology and I'm a long time independent, and it was quite obvious to me that this whole thing was a coup attempt.

Trump is a political outsider and he was not supposed to win! It was supposed to be either Clinton or Jeb Bush and the DNC and RNC hate him equally. The establishment is furious that he cancelled the Trans-Pacific Partnership and wants to get the USA out of the establishment's never ending wars. They hate him! That's why, even though I always thought of Trump as a boob before the election, he has my full support now. Just the fact that he cancelled the TPP and did away with the ObamaCareScam penalty makes him a national hero.

Do you know that this current presidential administration is probably the only time in almost 23 years that you and I have agreed on politics? :lol:

Midnightrider

Take an English class while you're at it.
So there was no coup, no clandestine organization, the 25th is a constitutional amendment so there is nothing traitorous about discussing it, and trump could appoint a SC or direct his DOJ to investigate........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So there was no coup, no clandestine organization, the 25th is a constitutional amendment so there is nothing traitorous about discussing it, and trump could appoint a SC or direct his DOJ to investigate........

And get some psychiatric care.

Toxick

Splat
Btw, the 25th is part of the constitution. There is nothing traitorous about discussing using it.

This is probably the best (read: only) sensible argument I've seen yet.

Although "I don't like the sumbitch" is not necessarily cause for invoking the 25th.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When it is used as a guise, to circumvent the will of the people, to surreptitiously remove a properly elected, in good health, sitting President, it is.

Midnightrider

This is probably the best (read: only) sensible argument I've seen yet.

Although "I don't like the sumbitch" is not necessarily cause for invoking the 25th.
Exactly.

If I may ...

When it is used as a guise, to circumvent the will of the people, to surreptitiously remove a properly elected, in good health, sitting President, it is.
When did they do that? Allesgely a few people discussed it and decided against. That is actually their responsibility under the amendment/constitution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
When is trump going to appoint a SC to investigate this coup?

Can you give the specific reason Rosenstein suggested invoking the 25th? Because McCabe didn't disclose this in his interview. You do know the intent of invoking the 25th is to remove the president from power. It has specific reasons it can be invoked. What was the reason for Trump?

Can you explain why Rosenstein would feel he should break the law and sneak a recording device into the WH? I mean, what could he possibly do with the recording? He certainly couldn't use it as evidence since it was illegally obtained. He has to know he would go to prison for doing such a thing.

It was clear their intent was to find a way to get Trump out of that WH. Since Rosenstein's attempts to illegal record Trump and invoke the 25th failed, they resorted to a SC.

Or, was McCabe lying about all of it? Which I am willing to believe. He should be in prison.

Coups take of sorts of forms. This was a failed attempt at a coup.

Midnightrider

Can you give the specific reason Rosenstein suggested invoking the 25th? Because McCabe didn't disclose this in his interview. You do know the intent of invoking the 25th is to remove the president from power. It has specific reasons it can be invoked. What was the reason for Trump?

Can you explain why Rosenstein would feel he should break the law and sneak a recording device into the WH? I mean, what could he possibly do with the recording? He certainly couldn't use it as evidence since it was illegally obtained. He has to know he would go to prison for doing such a thing.

It was clear their intent was to find a way to get Trump out of that WH. Since Rosenstein's attempts to illegal record Trump and invoke the 25th failed, they resorted to a SC.

Or, was McCabe lying about all of it? Which I am willing to believe. He should be in prison.

Coups take of sorts of forms. This was a failed attempt at a coup.
No, a constitutional action is not a coup. I don’t care how you slice it.

I didn’t watch McCabes interview, but I havent read anything that indicates rosestein planned on breaking the law.

But that still doesn’t answer the question
Why doesn’t trump appoint a SC to investigate this coup if it happened? IS he just a wuss?

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, a constitutional action is not a coup. I don’t care how you slice it.

I didn’t watch McCabes interview, but I havent read anything that indicates rosestein planned on breaking the law.

But that still doesn’t answer the question
Why doesn’t trump appoint a SC to investigate this coup if it happened? IS he just a wuss?

Well, I suggest you watch the interview before you make statements out of that context.

Why Trump won't pursue it at this point, I don't know. I only know what I think should happen.

Midnightrider

Well, I suggest you watch the interview before you make statements out of that context.

Why Trump won't pursue it at this point, I don't know. I only know what I think should happen.

Why not quote the part you are talking about?

The reason trump isn’t is because it’s a nonstarter. A constitutional action is by definition not a coup.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Why not quote the part you are talking about?

The reason trump isn’t is because it’s a nonstarter. A constitutional action is by definition not a coup.

I have no interest in doing your homework for you. I watched the interview and McCabe emphatically stated that Rosenstein 1) suggested illegally wearing a wore into the WH and 2) suggested invoking the 25th. Watch the interview.

PeoplesElbow

What clandestine organization? Even by your own conspiracy theory it was the FBI and they did everything on the record.

Coming from the queen of ‘explain this’ third grade civics lessons that cute.

I know that the president has the authority to appoint a SC. He also controls the DOJ. There is nothing stopping him from initiating and investigation except for the fact that there was no coup.

Trying to stretch the amendment to mean something that it obviously does not makes it unconstitutional. As much as people may dislike him and think he is doing a terrible job does not make him incapable, incapacitated, and unable to do the job.

People, like you, saying he is unfit, is nothing but an opinion. He is every bit as capable as the day he was elected, nothing there has changed. The 25th is obviously meant for a president that has had a some sort of medical event such as a stroke and made incapable.

Trying to use the 25th to do something it was not intended to do is no more legal than me building a nuclear weapon and saying the 2nd amendment protects that.

Midnightrider

Trying to stretch the amendment to mean something that it obviously does not makes it unconstitutional. As much as people may dislike him and think he is doing a terrible job does not make him incapable, incapacitated, and unable to do the job.

People, like you, saying he is unfit, is nothing but an opinion. He is every bit as capable as the day he was elected, nothing there has changed. The 25th is obviously meant for a president that has had a some sort of medical event such as a stroke and made incapable.

Trying to use the 25th to do something it was not intended to do is no more legal than me building a nuclear weapon and saying the 2nd amendment protects that.
Where did I say I thought he was unfit? Its the people closest to him who are supposed to make that call.
They didn’t stretch anything. They talked about an ammenesment. Not only that, they took no action. That’s not a coup
I have no interest in doing your homework for you. I watched the interview and McCabe emphatically stated that Rosenstein 1) suggested illegally wearing a wore into the WH and 2) suggested invoking the 25th. Watch the interview.

Then it should be really easy for you to find a quote that says he planned an illegal tape recording.
Invoking the 25th is in no way illegal or wrong. It’s an amendment for Christ’s sake. That is what it is there for.