Now we've got this to worry about.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I reckon it's all about elevation? I'm thinking @Gilligan is gonna need a bigger boat.

La Palma - If Blows, Wipes Out US East Coast via Tsunami "Yellow Alert" Declared

GregV814

where can I get 5000 sandbags? I'll need a raft for my cats. Oh, should I get 45 gallons of milk and thirty cases of TP from WalMart??? And almost finally, do they sell swimmies for old men?? My biceps aren't what they used to be....Can we be like Mr. & Mrs. Howell?? I have an ascot.
Darn it, I just planted a Mum I bought for $4.99 at TSC....

TPD

the poor dad
I was in La Palma about 13 years ago. Walked around the edge of a volcano right on the Atlantic. Wonder if this is the same volcano about to erupt? Beautiful Island, along with some of the other Canary Islands we visited. Would not mind going back, unless of course the volcano wipes them out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sounds like we have nothing to worry about. We can't do anything about it and we all die if it happens. So why live life in fear?

That's my take, too. There are like 8 million things to worry about in any given day, I have to use my resources judiciously.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's the thing about Earth: it's in a constant state of change and it doesn't care about hoomans. Numerous times in our travels Monello and I have seen the aftermath of Mother Nature's fits of rage - events that happened over a thousand years ago and not because we drove SUVs and ate beef. Here's one:

Our position in the realm has always been tenuous and fairly insignificant in the big picture.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Sounds like we have nothing to worry about. We can't do anything about it and we all die if it happens. So why live life in fear?
Sure there is something that can be done. You'll have about 6 hours after it happens to head west to higher ground before the wave gets here. Then after the water recedes, head back home to clean up.