Now we've got this to worry about.

Kinnakeet

That was a helpful read,...a bit less bombastic. I was looking at 16-32 foot surge on the East coast. Which in itself would be staggering. The Travel time was accurate of 7.5-8 hours with a prolonged period of surges. That would be adequate if we had a normal civilized population to respond. Sadly, we don't.
7-8 hours how fast is this moving

Hessian

7-8 hours how fast is this moving
I believe that experts claim that the pulse will thunder through the Atlantic at 300 mph...then when it hits the continental shelf, it will slow, and form the typical rolling wave shape. The computer models all seem to be 6-9 years old....too bad. By now I would expect better simulations.

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
If I may ...

I reckon it's all about elevation? I'm thinking @Gilligan is gonna need a bigger boat.

La Palma - If Blows, Wipes Out US East Coast via Tsunami "Yellow Alert" Declared

You are actually gonna follow Hal Turner?? The guys a nut job.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You are actually gonna follow Hal Turner?? The guys a nut job.

Ahhh. Ummmm. Ya might want to check out post #73 where I link to an actual scientific study conducted by the government in 2013 concerning La Palma.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Marianas Trench close up?
Well ..... I included no calculations for seafloor irregularities such as the Atlantic's ocean plate divergent boundary line, or the rise and depth of the sea floor accounting for the volume of water that would be carrying the transfer of wave energy to our shores. It was just a simply equation; D÷T=S. Time divided by distance equals speed. So 3375 miles ÷ 8 hours = 421.875 miles per hour.

But yes, it could be an inverted Marianas Trench wall of water traversing, based on the size of the land mass that could slide into the western Atlantic, seeing as in total with the land mass and the depth in which it would fall beneath the water line, 4000 meters, or 13,123.360 Feet, at La Palma's base to the bottom of the Atlantic, if that's what you meant?

Just being wordy to be wordy btw.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Well ..... I included no calculations for seafloor irregularities such as the Atlantic's ocean plate divergent boundary line, or the rise and depth of the sea floor accounting for the volume of water that would be carrying the transfer of wave energy to our shores. It was just a simply equation; D÷T=S. Time divided by distance equals speed. So 3375 miles ÷ 8 hours = 421.875 miles per hour.

But yes, it could be an inverted Marianas Trench wall of water traversing, based on the size of the land mass that could slide into the western Atlantic, seeing as in total with the land mass and the depth in which it would fall beneath the water line, 4000 meters, or 13,123.360 Feet, at La Palma's base to the bottom of the Atlantic, if that's what you meant?

Just being wordy to be wordy btw.
Yes,
Now will water run faster over a 36 or a 400 grit bottom?