NRA: “hold my beer”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To further point out how utterly freaking ridiculous it is to use cartoons of non-racial machinery as a platform to push PC "new society" garbage.

That is so blatantly obvious that only someone who has to be told what to "think" doesn't get it.

MR? Talking to you, buddy.

This_person

So you know what they did, but you can’t explain WHY they chose the klan to make their point. :yay:

Or why the NRA is worried about children’s cartoons in the first place

It's called hyperbole.
Dictionary.com said:

See, Thomas has no ethnicity, and therefore adding "diversity" is stupid. So, to demonstrate the obvious, they intentionally exaggerate the "lack" of diversity by pretending the show is as racist as the liberally-created KKK.

I wonder if you find the large lips on the Kenyan train racist?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Here's how this tread goes from here on. MR has been directed to feign outrage by his handlers. That is all he will do.

Carry on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why choose to use the klan?

I think, I get it. It’s ####ing stupid and makes the NRA look stupid.

Are you that ####ing stupid? Really?

Okay, here goes:

• The Klan is a traditionally anti-diversity group.
  • Dana was discussing the absurdity of cartoonists deciding that their trains need to be humanly diverse.
  • How you can tell is when she said she had no inkling that Thomas was a white person train, and had assigned no ethnicity to him at all.
  • Then they flash the KKK trains, and she says, "Oh, okay I see it now," as in she had no idea that Thomas was a white supremacist and now "understands" that he is clearly in need of some sensitivity training. (Get it? "Train"ing? or do I have to spell that out for you, too?)

The sarcasm isn't even really all that subtle. Even without CNN telling you what to think, you should have understood her point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Note that in order to make it clear that the new train is Black, they have to outfit it in African garb and surround it with safari animals. That is how hard it is to assign ethnicity to a freaking train - you have to go over the top to hammer it home.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Note that in order to make it clear that the new train is Black, they have to outfit it in African garb and surround it with safari animals. That is how hard it is to assign ethnicity to a freaking train - you have to go over the top to hammer it home.

If it was supposed to be an African train, it would be a rundown barely-running heap of junk left over from colonial days anyway. Shame on them for being inaccurate.

This_person

Don't forget the thick lips and wide/broad nose. Isn't that racist, since it brings up images of unga-bunga? Maybe they should be going after Thomas, not the NRA.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The point being that diversity for diversity's sake is stupid and will be mocked as such. Now Thomas has this token African friend - "See my friend being Black? See me having a Black friend?" - and that should be offensive to POC. Nobody makes a big deal about Dora's friends. They just *are*, like how normal friendships are, without anyone making a big deal about race.

This_person

The point being that diversity for diversity's sake is stupid and will be mocked as such. Now Thomas has this token African friend - "See my friend being Black? See me having a Black friend?" - and that should be offensive to POC. Nobody makes a big deal about Dora's friends. They just *are*, like how normal friendships are, without anyone making a big deal about race.

"Diversity" being defined as "how many POC are involved" is pretty damned stupid and should be mocked as such, too. I feel quite confident that Sasha Obama and Jenna Bush have MUCH more in common than differences, as do a poor white farmer and a poor black janitor. I think the poor farmer and Jenna have about nothing in common, as would Sasha and the janitor. Diversity would be the janitor and Sasha getting together to discuss things, not Sasha and Jenna.

But, that would be honest and true - Kryptonite to people who value "diversity".