NRA Heckles Father of Sandy Hool victum

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ok so since I know nothing about guns or anything else about gun control, then why is it when ANYONE talks about maybe stiffening background checks, banning assault rifles and such do many people go "Oh My God the liberals are coming for all guns!" I don't want your shot gun, though it can do just as much damage, I am not taking your hand gun, though that is NOT USED FOR HUNTING last time I checked you don't go in to the forest with a 9mm to kill deer. The Founding Fathers were against a standing army, but we have one and no one is yelling about that. Everyone interprets the amendments to fit their own purposes, like the Bible, the Qur'an, the Talmud etc. Please in your infinite wisdom tell me how loose to no background checks at gun shows helps? Tell me how we give better mental health care but we are against Universal Healthcare? And don't tell me about private insurance paying for it will take care of that. It doesn't, it is nearly impossible for anyone with private insurance to get the mental healthcare they need. Explain how not enforcing existing laws and maybe putting some common sense revisions on the books is not a good idea. And yes I am outraged at the drone strikes. I am outraged at any adult who uses children to hide behind. I had relatives over there fighting during the original Desert Storm. I heard some of what happened. The sole purpose of guns was to kill other humans, the sole purpose of most weapons comes out the want to protect what is ours BUT ALSO to TAKE WHAT WE WANT! You can protect yourself without an assault rifle. And don't tell me that guns out there aren't easily modified to be fully automatic, I lived near Smith and Wesson and know they are easily modified. Let's face it, gun control, like homosexuals getting equal rights and abortion is too vitriolic a subject for most to discuss sanely. This is what everyone wants, because then we don't focus on say Global Warming, the growing gap between the wealthy and the poor, the lack of universal healthcare, the lack of a federal budget and all the other REAL problems. I will never like guns, and when my husband dies I will turn all his over to the police. Those who disagree will never understand and I will never understand your responses of "They are coming for my guns, quick stockpile the rifles and the ammo". Done. I had merely offered an OPINION, and the over the top responses is exactly the reason I left these forums years ago. Glad to see the level of intelligence hasn't changed that much.
A little info, lots more out there, but should be enough to make the point.

Pistol Hunting For Whitetails

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A little info, lots more out there, but should be enough to make the point.

Pistol Hunting For Whitetails

Pistol hunting is quite popular and quite common.

As is hunting with so-called "assault rifles". (I thought all firearms were for "assaulting"..but I digress). My AK-47 has probably taken more deer than any other rifle or shotgun I've ever hunted with. Perfect combination of size, caliber and accuracy for the dense brush and occasional tree to climb.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Or could it be a modified version of the bill she wrote previously that just needed a few adjustments?

You mean previously just like I said she did?

And saying she did it gives her too much credit. I doubt she even knew what was in it....

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Ok so since I know nothing about guns or anything else about gun control, then why is it when ANYONE talks about maybe stiffening background checks, banning assault rifles and such do many people go "Oh My God the liberals are coming for all guns!" I don't want your shot gun, though it can do just as much damage, I am not taking your hand gun, though that is NOT USED FOR HUNTING last time I checked you don't go in to the forest with a 9mm to kill deer. The Founding Fathers were against a standing army, but we have one and no one is yelling about that. Everyone interprets the amendments to fit their own purposes, like the Bible, the Qur'an, the Talmud etc. Please in your infinite wisdom tell me how loose to no background checks at gun shows helps? Tell me how we give better mental health care but we are against Universal Healthcare? And don't tell me about private insurance paying for it will take care of that. It doesn't, it is nearly impossible for anyone with private insurance to get the mental healthcare they need. Explain how not enforcing existing laws and maybe putting some common sense revisions on the books is not a good idea. And yes I am outraged at the drone strikes. I am outraged at any adult who uses children to hide behind. I had relatives over there fighting during the original Desert Storm. I heard some of what happened. The sole purpose of guns was to kill other humans, the sole purpose of most weapons comes out the want to protect what is ours BUT ALSO to TAKE WHAT WE WANT! You can protect yourself without an assault rifle. And don't tell me that guns out there aren't easily modified to be fully automatic, I lived near Smith and Wesson and know they are easily modified. Let's face it, gun control, like homosexuals getting equal rights and abortion is too vitriolic a subject for most to discuss sanely. This is what everyone wants, because then we don't focus on say Global Warming, the growing gap between the wealthy and the poor, the lack of universal healthcare, the lack of a federal budget and all the other REAL problems. I will never like guns, and when my husband dies I will turn all his over to the police. Those who disagree will never understand and I will never understand your responses of "They are coming for my guns, quick stockpile the rifles and the ammo". Done. I had merely offered an OPINION, and the over the top responses is exactly the reason I left these forums years ago. Glad to see the level of intelligence hasn't changed that much.
As a Colt M-16 armorer and Law Enforcement patrol rifle instructor, please tell me how a semi-automatic weapon is easily converted to be fully automatic. Please! Because living close to Smith and Wesson means you some how absorb knowledge through some kind of firearms photosynthesis? If you don't like guns fine, but don't come to the table to argue with the same BS MSM talking points to people that are very familiar with their functions.

Tell me what an RDIAS is, the costs, the registration requirements, the other parts that are needed to convert a semi-auto to a full auto gun? And then, we can explore your point of easily converting a semi-auto gun to full auto.

But no, you'll just retort with I hate em, and then regurgitate some other made up statement to try to prove you know something about what you have no interest in learning some facts about.

mamatutu

mama to two
As a Colt M-16 armorer and Law Enforcement patrol rifle instructor, please tell me how a semi-automatic weapon is easily converted to be fully automatic. Please! Because living close to Smith and Wesson means you some how absorb knowledge through some kind of firearms photosynthesis? If you don't like guns fine, but don't come to the table to argue with the same BS MSM talking points to people that are very familiar with their functions.

Tell me what an RDIAS is, the costs, the registration requirements, the other parts that are needed to convert a semi-auto to a full auto gun? And then, we can explore your point of easily converting a semi-auto gun to full auto.

But no, you'll just retort with I hate em, and then regurgitate some other made up statement to try to prove you know something about what you have no interest in learning some facts about.

We also have to think about that it is not out of the realm of possibility that we could be invaded by a foreign entity/enemy. Americans need to have their guns for protection; not just worrying about what Obama, the mysterious unknown, might do. Plus, if the economy completely tanks, people will be looking for sources of money, food, etc. Gangs already exist in great numbers; that is my bigger fear. It could happen. My post is somewhat off topic, but, at least we know the heckling of the dead child's dad did not happen. But, the more the gangs, criminals, drug dealers, down and outs, and illegals hear about gun confiscation, and restriction, the bolder they will get. They are our enemy at the present time. JMO

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

depends ...

direxpgw

guns

Devil is in the details with virtually everything in the gun control debate. While a proposal to extend background checks at gun shows or amongst private sellers sounds ok in theory, it is the real world implications that scare people. How about when the govt determines that it needs 6 months to conduct a background check? How about when they say budget restraints have forced them into only performing them at 1 location in the state which happens to be 4 hours from you and is only open 1 day a week? How about when they wanna make you submit to DNA testing as compliance with line item 481 of form #12 to successfully pass? Or when 1 wrong answer to 1 poorly worded question puts you to the back of the line? Its all Bull#$%^ to make it as hard as humanly possible to arm yourself.

The point of the 2nd Amendment was to allow sufficient armament in society so that overly power hungry leaders (ie Bloomberg type) would have some limit of reserve before imposing complete tyranny. An ultimate insurance policy, if you may, against tyrannical government. It has nothing to do with duck hunting or home protection. And for those reasons, EVERY household should own an AR-15 or like, sufficient ammo for combat, and sufficient training on its safe and effective use.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I have not watched the video, don't care to watch the news about this because it is being spun every which way on both sides. I grew up with guns in my home, 12 gauge and a BB Gun. I was told from the time I could understand it that even the BB Gun could kill a person accidentally. I was never interested in them. My husband owns guns, we have learned to deal with the fact we disagree on them. I feel there is no reason for a civilian to have an assault/military like rifle, if you want to use that go join up! What are you hunting that you need an assault rifle with an extended mag? The 2nd Amendment includes the words "Well Regulated" which to me means rules, laws if you will about the arms you bear. And "Militia" which I take to mean a military trained group that you call up in times of need, like The National Guard say. So to me, and this is just my opinion, that so long as we regulate the guns, and we have the National Guard, the average person doesn't NEED or REQUIRE an assault rifle with an extended magazine. Take this for whatever you like. I left these forums years ago because so many times things go off topic and there seems to be no way to have a rational discussion on things but here I am, back to give it another try. Many new faces.

You have a right to your opinion, but it does not trump the Constitution of the United States which guarantees its citizens the right to keep and bear arms under the 2nd Amendment. And your interpretation digresses from that of current U.S. law which right now states that *private citizens* can keep and bear arms, regardless of what you think we need or don't need.