NRA Heckles Father of Sandy Hool victum

BigBlue

Right wing nuts keep it up , you keep up acting like the fools and ass's that you are and gun reform will be easy.

NRA Heckles Father of Sandy Hook Shooting Victim | Crooks and Liars

No other debate causes me to cringe as deeply as the one over gun control, because there is no other debate in this country that is as deeply irrational as this one. Gun manufacturers in the name of the NRA have completely co-opted the discussion and turned it into one so emotionally laden, it's impossible to have a rational discussion.

Rational people know that military-style assault weapons aren't used for hunting anything but humans. In this country, it used to be accepted wisdom that we don't hunt our fellow humans. Now, not so much.

As lawmakers were taking testimony at the Connecticut capitol yesterday, the gun manufacturers were ready to fight for their right to continue the mayhem, even if it meant heckling the father of a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In other news, the lawfull owners of more than 300 million firearms didn't kill anyone with them yesterday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rational people know that military-style assault weapons aren't used for hunting anything but humans. e

:killingme:killingme According to all available statistics...they are almost NEVER used for that purpose. None of mine ever have.

5th grade really threw you for a loop, didn't it?

Vince

Right wing nuts keep it up , you keep up acting like the fools and ass's that you are and gun reform will be easy.

No other debate causes me to cringe as deeply as the one over gun control, because there is no other debate in this country that is as deeply irrational as this one. Gun manufacturers in the name of the NRA have completely co-opted the discussion and turned it into one so emotionally laden, it's impossible to have a rational discussion.

Rational people know that military-style assault weapons aren't used for hunting anything but humans. In this country, it used to be accepted wisdom that we don't hunt our fellow humans. Now, not so much.
As lawmakers were taking testimony at the Connecticut capitol yesterday, the gun manufacturers were ready to fight for their right to continue the mayhem, even if it meant heckling the father of a victim of the Sandy Hook massacre
Yes, you are that stupid. Don't think I've ever used one to hunt a human being. How can a nonothing, anti-gunner like you speak intelligently about a gun? Do you know which end the bullet comes out of?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
BigBlue, they've admitted that what was shown was edited to make it appear that the father was heckled when, in actuality, it did not occur that way. This is more proof you do not look deeper in to any story spun by liberal media and instead willingly ingest what they spoonfeed you.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

BigBlue said:

If this is the same incident I saw previously, they didn't heckle him, the speaker asked a question and got no answer. He asked a second time a got a smattering of a response. I think the question was "can anyone tell me why we need to have assault weapons" or something along those lines. One of the 'news agencies' edited the poece to make the incident to look like an interruption when it wasnt. It certainly wasnt heckling

Homer J

Power Chord
Wirelessly posted

If this is the same incident I saw previously, they didn't heckle him, the speaker asked a question and got no answer. He asked a second time a got a smattering of a response. I think the question was "can anyone tell me why we need to have assault weapons" or something along those lines. One of the 'news agencies' edited the poece to make the incident to look like an interruption when it wasnt. It certainly wasnt heckling

:yeahthat:

http://forums.somd.com/politics/264111-msnbc-finally-addresses-deceptively-edited-video-o.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
BigBlue, they've admitted that what was shown was edited to make it appear that the father was heckled when, in actuality, it did not occur that way. This is more proof you do not look deeper in to any story spun by liberal media and instead willingly ingest what they spoonfeed you.

It's exactly the gullible types like ole Blue for whom those things are crafted for in the first place.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So...a couple of things:

The dad who was or wasn't heckled - is he now a saint and unimpeachable authority because he had a kid die? Ann Coulter talks about this, how the Left will take some person who has had a tragic incident happen and use them as a shield and mouthpiece. Then, if anyone dares disagree with them, they get branded as insensitive and hateful. How dare you disagree with this man who is devastated over the loss of his child!

They also do that with little kids, trot them out to spew nonsense. Then, when anyone dares to question them, they get accused of picking on a little kid. It's very similar to how Al Qaeda hides in elementary schools because if the military come to get them they get accused of shooting up a school. It's just PR manipulation.

Second, Crooks and Liars is such a bunch of bull####. The loon who wrote that piece doesn't even go by a real name. And that's fine, but it's obviously opinion and not news to be taken seriously. She/he/it shows bias in the first paragraph, where she/he/its opinion is the only rational one and everyone who disagrees is crazy.

If anyone has turned this into an "emotionally laded" irrational conversation it's the Left, not the NRA.

Pushrod

Patriot
Wirelessly posted

Yep, it was edited to make it fit NBC's narrative.

Also, alot of people use these types of rifles for hunting. I use them on my farm for yotes and groundhogs.

Blueballs, did you even READ the freakin article> How can the wackjob author equate a private citizen as the NRA???

somdwatch

Feeling Blue

Might I suggest that you as a poster take the time to think on what you are about to read.
1. Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.
2. Before sounding off, keep in mind, you may actually thank a person in the future who legally owns a firearm. Just because it doesn't align with the lies you've been lead to believe doesn't make it wrong for the rest of us to believe in our rights.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
It's exactly the gullible types like ole Blue for whom those things are crafted for in the first place.

Agree, folks like ole Blue are called low information voters.

Gullible, stupid, ignorant, low information, takers, entitlement seekers, reparation seekers, Donks, whatever the label, it's pretty obvious why Obama won reelection.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Agree, folks like ole Blue are called low information voters.

I don't know if many of them are low information so much as simply emotion driven instead of logic driven. Sure, we all want to save the world but at some point practicality and reason have to come into play.

I have this mom who used to drive me batty until I stopped speaking to her. One of her things was that if you disagree with her, you cannot simply have a difference of opinion - you must be WRONG!! Because if YOU are not wrong, in her mind that means SHE is wrong, which simply cannot be. Ergo, YOU are WRONG. Doesn't matter if she barely has a nodding acquaintance with the subject and you are a PhD; one of you must be WRONG and it's you, not her.

There's a lot of that on both sides of the aisle, god knows (ha), but the Left has perfected it to an artform.

Wolfess88

Opinion

I have not watched the video, don't care to watch the news about this because it is being spun every which way on both sides. I grew up with guns in my home, 12 gauge and a BB Gun. I was told from the time I could understand it that even the BB Gun could kill a person accidentally. I was never interested in them. My husband owns guns, we have learned to deal with the fact we disagree on them. I feel there is no reason for a civilian to have an assault/military like rifle, if you want to use that go join up! What are you hunting that you need an assault rifle with an extended mag? The 2nd Amendment includes the words "Well Regulated" which to me means rules, laws if you will about the arms you bear. And "Militia" which I take to mean a military trained group that you call up in times of need, like The National Guard say. So to me, and this is just my opinion, that so long as we regulate the guns, and we have the National Guard, the average person doesn't NEED or REQUIRE an assault rifle with an extended magazine. Take this for whatever you like. I left these forums years ago because so many times things go off topic and there seems to be no way to have a rational discussion on things but here I am, back to give it another try. Many new faces.

thurley42

HY;FR
I have not watched the video, don't care to watch the news about this because it is being spun every which way on both sides. I grew up with guns in my home, 12 gauge and a BB Gun. I was told from the time I could understand it that even the BB Gun could kill a person accidentally. I was never interested in them. My husband owns guns, we have learned to deal with the fact we disagree on them. I feel there is no reason for a civilian to have an assault/military like rifle, if you want to use that go join up! What are you hunting that you need an assault rifle with an extended mag? The 2nd Amendment includes the words "Well Regulated" which to me means rules, laws if you will about the arms you bear. And "Militia" which I take to mean a military trained group that you call up in times of need, like The National Guard say. So to me, and this is just my opinion, that so long as we regulate the guns, and we have the National Guard, the average person doesn't NEED or REQUIRE an assault rifle with an extended magazine. Take this for whatever you like. I left these forums years ago because so many times things go off topic and there seems to be no way to have a rational discussion on things but here I am, back to give it another try. Many new faces.

That's the great thing about this country, or is supposed to be.....

Just because you don't see a reason doesn't give you the right to take it away from others that do.