NTSB: Apple Engineer Killed in Tesla Crash Previously Complained About Autopilot

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
KQED reports that an Apple engineer was recently killed when his Tesla Model X vehicle collided with a concrete barrier along the freeway, but there is now evidence that he had previously complained about the vehicle’s autopilot system malfunctioning on that same stretch of road. The engineer’s complaints were released in a trove of documents released by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recently.

Ah... The hidden Wiley Coyote Setting.

OK. He's an engineer.

If you determined that "on that stretch of road" the Autopilot setting malfuctions and veers toward the wall each time, WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT ON AUTOPILOT AGAIN? :lmao:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
KQED reports that an Apple engineer was recently killed when his Tesla Model X vehicle collided with a concrete barrier along the freeway, but there is now evidence that he had previously complained about the vehicle’s autopilot system malfunctioning on that same stretch of road. The engineer’s complaints were released in a trove of documents released by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recently.

Ah... The hidden Wiley Coyote Setting.

OK. He's an engineer.

If you determined that "on that stretch of road" the Autopilot setting malfuctions and veers toward the wall each time, WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT ON AUTOPILOT AGAIN? :lmao:
I'm not usually one to rely on stereotypes, but I've met a few Engineers that weren't "all there". In fact, they were quite obviously unaware of many societal norms as well.

I would engage auto pilot on the same stretch of road to see if the problem was repeatable. BUT, you could be damned sure I'd be in a position to watch and override when it didn't work as expected, knowing the previous test results.