NYC / NY Cesspool

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woke Law Requires Prosecutors to Drop 69% of Criminal Cases In NYC

According to a new study obtained by the New York Post, 69 percent of criminal cases were dropped due to justice “reforms.”

In 2019, the year new “discovery” rules were adopted by state lawmakers, 44 percent of cases were dismissed, rising to 69 percent by mid-October 2021, according to the Manhattan Institute.

For misdemeanor cases, the rate increased from 49 percent to 82 percent during the same period.

This as New York City crime rates shot up to record levels in just the last two years.

“In New York City, adult felony arrests fell by 14 percent between 2019 and 2021, while NYC shootings rose by 102 percent and murders rose by over 51 percent,” the study noted.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Due to crime and vagrancy, Chase Bank announces some ATMs in NYC will close at night

NEW YORK -- Mayor Eric Adams didn't hold back Monday when asked about a decision from Chase Bank to close some of their city ATMs during overnight hours, citing crime and vagrancy concerns.

Customers didn't hold back, either.

Using an ATM is exactly what Sunny Ng wanted to do last Tuesday night, but when he tried to enter a Chase ATM vestibule in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, the only paper he got was a warning that, for now, the once 24-hour ATMs will close at 10 p.m.

"The advantage of using Chase is that they have so many ATMs, and so for it to close at night is kind of unbelievable," Ng said.

So Ng got online and complained to Chase in a tweet, and the company replied, apologizing and saying it has decided to close some ATM vestibules not just at 10 p.m., but at 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., depending on the location. The bank even gave a reason: rising crime and vagrancy in vestibules that were 24/7.

"Which I don't really buy because like I've seen vestibules where they have private security guards before, so it's not like there's no solution to it," Ng said.

herb749

Due to crime and vagrancy, Chase Bank announces some ATMs in NYC will close at night

NEW YORK -- Mayor Eric Adams didn't hold back Monday when asked about a decision from Chase Bank to close some of their city ATMs during overnight hours, citing crime and vagrancy concerns.

Customers didn't hold back, either.

Using an ATM is exactly what Sunny Ng wanted to do last Tuesday night, but when he tried to enter a Chase ATM vestibule in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, the only paper he got was a warning that, for now, the once 24-hour ATMs will close at 10 p.m.

"The advantage of using Chase is that they have so many ATMs, and so for it to close at night is kind of unbelievable," Ng said.

So Ng got online and complained to Chase in a tweet, and the company replied, apologizing and saying it has decided to close some ATM vestibules not just at 10 p.m., but at 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., depending on the location. The bank even gave a reason: rising crime and vagrancy in vestibules that were 24/7.

"Which I don't really buy because like I've seen vestibules where they have private security guards before, so it's not like there's no solution to it," Ng said.

And when do those guards go home .? Likely 5-6 pm.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

No ‘Right to Shelter’ for ‘Asylum Seekers,’ NYC Mayor Says

Speaking on WABC’s “Sid & Friends” radio show, the Democratic mayor was asked if he would ever consider ending New York City’s status as a “sanctuary city,” given that his administration struggles to accommodate the needs of tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who have been arriving by bus from border states since last spring.

“We cannot be a sanctuary city and complain,” said host Sid Rosenberg, citing criticisms about the city’s handling of the ongoing illegal immigration crisis. “You can’t have it both ways. You can’t be a sanctuary city and then complain about the influx of migrants.”

“The court ruled that this is a sanctuary city,” Adams replied. “We have a moral and legal obligation to fulfill that.”

“We don’t believe asylum seekers fall into the whole right-to-shelter conversation,” Adams said, referring to a 1979 law that requires the city’s homeless shelter system to provide a bed to anyone in need of one. “This is a crisis that must be addressed based on what was created on this national platform.”
https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2022/12/25/GettyImages-1242419438-1200x800.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Well, I thought this said No 'Right to Slaughter'

Maybe they were having trouble with illegal immigrants raising and slaughtering chickens. :sshrug:

Hijinx

This is crazy but watching the city's residents pushing people under the subway attacking Asians, shooting each other maybe they should accept the immigrants and deport their residents.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Eye on NY: Remote Income-Tax Time Bomb

Former commuters now working from home in New Jersey and Connecticut still paying account for a ton of New York’s income-tax take — for now, warns the Empire Center’s E.J. McMahon. In 2020, “personal income taxes (PIT) paid by full-year nonresidents continued flowing as if nothing had happened,” though “very few of these taxpayers were venturing into” this state. “The non-resident share of New York PIT hit an all-time high of nearly $8 billion” that year (“up nearly $500 million from” 2019), accounting for $14.6 billion “of the state’s $54.5 billion in total PIT receipts in 2020.” But the questionable legal basis for taxing out-of-staters may not last: A GOP Congress might disallow it and Jersey’s “Gov. Phil Murphy began saber-rattling around the issue a few months ago.”

Tech

Easy to solve.

Put an access on the door that requires the ATM card and PIN to get in.
My bank had that 40 years ago, they just nail you on the walk back to your car. They also car jacked the cars after pulling away from the drive thru ATMs.

Clem72

“In New York City, adult felony arrests fell by 14 percent between 2019 and 2021, while NYC shootings rose by 102 percent and murders rose by over 51 percent,” the study noted.
How do you shoot twice as much but only kill half-again as many people? The real travesty here is that ammo has got so expensive that people can't afford to practice anymore.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How do you shoot twice as much but only kill half-again as many people? The real travesty here is that ammo has got so expensive that people can't afford to practice anymore.
I doubt they are paying retail for their ammo.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Migrants turn NYC hotel into violent, drug-infested ‘free-for-all’: employee

“Chaos, total chaos,” Rodriguez told “Fox & Friends” when asked to describe conditions at the hotel. “There’s no accountability.

“There is no daily supervision to show these people that … ‘You don’t destroy your hotel. You are only there temporarily. This is not your home.

“[The employees] endure a lot of disrespect from the migrants, and there [are] some nice migrants, but there’s too much alcohol, too much drugs and too much violence, and you have teenagers … going into the staircases and making out like it’s Lover’s Lane,” Rodriguez said. “This is a free-for-all.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^To quote my wife, all 4 of whose grandparents were legal immigrants: "Shoot them, shoot them all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Kathy Hochul’s record-breaking $227B NY budget: Bail, migrants, gas stove ban

“We set the table for what should be one of the most prosperous times in our state’s history. But if New Yorkers don’t feel safe, they can’t afford to buy a home, they can’t pay their rent, the cost of everything keeps rising — then nothing we’ve done will make a difference,” she said.

“So today we’re here to talk about how we can help — help more New Yorkers realize their dreams. So our agenda focuses on affordability, livability, safety, and includes groundbreaking proposals dealing with housing, mental health, child care, public safety and even a minimum-wage increase during these difficult times.”

Hochul’s executive budget for fiscal 2024, which begins April 1, adds about $5 billion in new spending, including an extra $1.35 billion for New York City, which would get more than $20.9 billion in total state aid.

But the governor is likely to face pressure from fellow Democrats who will likely want even more spending — and who control both chambers of the Legislature with veto-proof majorities.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NYC retail workers tell tales of city’s soaring shoplifting

“This is an expensive store,” he said of the shop at the corner of East 67th Street and Third Avenue. “For the most part, they’re taking anywhere from $700 to $1000 worth of items each time.”

“They often come in the morning and scope the store out, then come back in the afternoon when it’s busier. [They] try and blend in, grab something quick and get out of here.”

Emejuru said the employees’ goal is to not provoke violence and just make sure no one gets hurt.

“We have insurance and my first priority is the safety of the workers,” Emejuru said.

“I go up to them and say ‘can I help with your items’ and if they tell us no, the best we can do is watch them walk out with it. You never know if these guys have knives.