Nyc!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...holy ####!

I HATED New York City. I hated the idea of it; that many humans crammed into such a small place HAS to be bad.

I hated the smell. The Giants. (I know, redundant).

Everything.

Well, I APOLOGIZE!!!

We just got back from 4 days and it was simply fantastic.

The restaurants and food. The out of the way bars. The subway. The buildings. The parks, ESPECIALLY central. The walking. The shopping.

MOST OF ALL: New Yorkers; You people are awesome!!! THANKS for making us feel so welcome!!!

I could go on forever about all the little details, the people who offered to help us with directions before we even asked, the politeness, the hellos, the service. The dog who laid down on the street until dad and his two boys came back out from the store. Hell, some of the protestors were even human. Some.

Yep.

I :heart: New York!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, it's official! Larry :hearts: New York! :lol: We really did have a ball. I have pics and video that I'll be sharing as soon as I can shrink 'em down.

If anyone's going to NYC, let me recommend The Inn on 23rd for lodging. It was $229 per night for a HUGE room (and not huge by NYC standards, either). It was probably a 500 sq. foot room with a sitting area, desk, king bed and (ready?) an ethernet connection right in the room. Yowza!

BuddyLee

Football addict
NYC is some place I would love to visit before I'm put six feet under. Definitely a must. Same with New Orleans.:yay:

K

Kain99

New York gets an unfair bad rap like WV.... People are just people! I've always loved NY myself. :wink:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...holy ####!

I HATED New York City. I hated the idea of it; that many humans crammed into such a small place HAS to be bad.

I hated the smell. The Giants. (I know, redundant).

Everything.

Well, I APOLOGIZE!!!

We just got back from 4 days and it was simply fantastic.

The restaurants and food. The out of the way bars. The subway. The buildings. The parks, ESPECIALLY central. The walking. The shopping.

MOST OF ALL: New Yorkers; You people are awesome!!! THANKS for making us feel so welcome!!!

I could go on forever about all the little details, the people who offered to help us with directions before we even asked, the politeness, the hellos, the service. The dog who laid down on the street until dad and his two boys came back out from the store. Hell, some of the protestors were even human. Some.

Yep.

I :heart: New York!!!
Larry, you don't have to :heart: the Giants. They have been in New Jersey so long they should be called the NJ Giants, which is more appropriate for the smell, thus making NYC an even nicer place.

fttrsbeerwench

I have been around...

New York did smell funny to me, since I had been breathing the cleaner, fresher air of the mountains for a few years before going there. I watched a guy stab a lady in front of the MET with a needle. I loved the museums and the planetarium. Food was to die for. Saw a Pink Floyd laser show, Lady Liberty, and the spot where John lennon was shot :flowers: . At the time I was going through a very happy phase and passed out flowers in the elevator of some building adn spent the night looking for a hotel from a movie I saw once.
Webster Hall is as weird in real life as it was in " To Wong Foo". :popcorn:

Everyone should do NYC at least once, five times if they blink.

Don't forget upstate! :howdy:

Tina2001aniT

Anyone ever been to NYC for thanksgiving? We are going this year to watch the Macy's parade and are looking for a good place to make dinner reservations for thanksgiving day...ANY IDEAS????

Tina2001aniT

vraiblonde said:
What kind of food/atmosphere?
Am looking for Thanksgiving dinner...you know the standard...atmosphere, somwhere nice, will have a 6 yr old and a 16 year old...so has to be kid friendly.....