NY'ers Opt for more death and suffering if it means Trump loses Re-election

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is it that everyone's sobbing about a handful of deaths, yet don't give a single sh^t about the millions of people who've lost their income and are scavenging at the food pantries to feed their families??

That is a real question: how can you be so ****ing obtuse and heartless??

Louise

How is it that everyone's sobbing about a handful of deaths, yet don't give a single sh^t about the millions of people who've lost their income and are scavenging at the food pantries to feed their families??

Something I think of is that Americans thought they could not be brought down, and that The Constitution was concrete. The problem is that so many really don’t know history. The colonists came to America to escape tyranny, and now it is happening again in a short time compared to the history of the World.

mitzi

I'm out of this conversation. There is no reasonable way to discuss this with you anymore.

mitzi

Yes. Don't you watch the news at all???

Are you seriously that freaked out over statistically 0% deaths while these fascists are destroying the country and putting people out on the street? More people die of pretty much anything you can think of than die of this hoax virus. More people will freaking commit suicide over their financial ruin than will die of this crap.

You seriously don't think these fascists are overreacting??

I watch the press conferences. According to you, the news is fake. So are you saying that Trump is a facist and is part of this hoax? You were all for him before this.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Are you serious?

Mitzi, when watching the daily POTUS press conference, the doctors have talked about this. People who are dying from this virus, are typically those with co-morbid conditions. For instance, with an elderly person (85years old) with kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease - gets this virus and their immune system is so compromised already that they die.

They're counting that as the virus being the cause of death. Well, okay -but if they'd gotten the FLU, gotten sick and then contracted pneumonia - they'd have died, too. So, did the flu kill them? Yes, but - they were not in good shape to start with.

These numbers are small. Yes, people are dying, but statistically speaking - they're not all dying. Many people are not dying from it. One of the doctors on Fox News told about his father who is 95 years old and he didn't die. (he took hydroxychoroquine)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wish I could say this was shocking but TDS is still more prevalent than Covid-19.

Bann

PREMO Member
Is there a thread here somehwere to list the people we know (anecdotally) who have been "officially exposed" to this virus (notified by the hospital or health departments locally, etc), asked to quarantine for a period of time, and what the outcome was? I know a couple of those people personally and they did not get sick. (time period is 3/23 until now=17 days) And that person is seriously compromised medically in several ways, and 83 years old.

Hijinx

The stoppage of business and keeping people homw was never meant as a cure,or as a way to stop the flu.

It was meant to bend the curve as the saying goes.
Well: The curve was bent, and we have learned some valuable lesson, and it's time to get back to work.

Scat

So he released new numbers today and as you may know the numbers showed a huge increase in the number of cases.

*BUT, there’s always a but. A portion of those numbers came from the backlog of tests that were at the lab. A backlog of several weeks. At a 98% survival rate, chances are that most of them are mostly if not completely recovered by now. But by all means, keep asking for ventilators and restricting our rights.
And little surprise that no one bothered to correct the current data. !!58 does sound more dire than 3 or 100.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watch the press conferences. According to you, the news is fake. So are you saying that Trump is a facist and is part of this hoax? You were all for him before this.

I'm not sure what Trump's deal is. He's definitely being poorly influenced by that crazy celebrity doctor, that I definitely know. And of course now if he fires that nut all hell will break loose.

I don't need the media manipulation to make my conclusions. They're all reporting the same CDC numbers, and I can do basic math.

The above was taken from Fox and is as of this morning.

US population: 327 million
World population: 7.8 billion

Now it just a matter of mathing. And for fun you can look up rates for other causes of death and math those too.

mitzi

Mitzi, when watching the daily POTUS press conference, the doctors have talked about this. People who are dying from this virus, are typically those with co-morbid conditions. For instance, with an elderly person (85years old) with kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease - gets this virus and their immune system is so compromised already that they die.

They're counting that as the virus being the cause of death. Well, okay -but if they'd gotten the FLU, gotten sick and then contracted pneumonia - they'd have died, too. So, did the flu kill them? Yes, but - they were not in good shape to start with.

These numbers are small. Yes, people are dying, but statistically speaking - they're not all dying. Many people are not dying from it. One of the doctors on Fox News told about his father who is 95 years old and he didn't die. (he took hydroxychoroquine)

I know this and understand it. I don't believe the virus is a hoax.

Bann

PREMO Member
Again, the virus itself is not a hoax. The overreaction to it is.

:yay:
I have never disagreed with this.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do about it singularly, though.

I'm just trying to get through the various layers of it all day by day. The employers, job, doctors, grocery stores, going out, social isolation of it all.

GUH!!!

BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm really at a loss as to what to do about it singularly, though.

Me too. My fantasy has always been to walk the earth like Caine and right some wrongs, if you get my drift. But intellectually I know it would be a futile effort. I think any sort of rebellion would be futile - we no longer have the will for it and there are too many bots getting brownie points by turning in their neighbors.

Bann

PREMO Member
Me too. My fantasy has always been to walk the earth like Caine and right some wrongs, if you get my drift. But intellectually I know it would be a futile effort. I think any sort of rebellion would be futile - we no longer have the will for it and there are too many bots getting brownie points by turning in their neighbors.
I probably can muster the will - in between meetings and emails :biggrin: lol:

Reactions: BOP

gemma_rae

Yesterday, I was so giddy at work I almost peed myself.

A coworker of mine has a busy-body wife that's stuck working at home and loves to spy on everyone. Apparently the neighbors were having a get together outside and she was nearly hysterical about it. I could hear him alternately telling her, "If they bother you call the cops" and "I'm not calling the cops while I'm at work!" I guess she was afraid the cops would tell them it was her and she wanted to be able to blame him.:killingmeMinding her own business was out of the question.