NYFD & NYPD ..still the best...

Hessian

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/n...&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

200+ Police walk off the job during the crisis....NOW, I understand if some left to tend to family that are grieving or trapped.

BUT to just quit? Did the fire companies who lost men on 9/11 simply say: "that's it, we're done on 9/12?"

Did the guys going up the towers say at the 25th floor: "Aw shucks,...I'm pooped,....I quit.?"

Why is it so hard to find a mayor who will quit belly-aching and blaming and actually give 110%?

WHY? The big easy is.....TOO easy. If life gets tough...you walk away: into drugs, night-life, booze,...cheap sex,...and if your job is hard: quit: the gov-ment will keep on paying so: quit.
That is why NYPD & NYFD still are on the job and Giuliano is respected:
They didn't quit.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hessian said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/n...&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

200+ Police walk off the job during the crisis....NOW, I understand if some left to tend to family that are grieving or trapped.

BUT to just quit? Did the fire companies who lost men on 9/11 simply say: "that's it, we're done on 9/12?"

Did the guys going up the towers say at the 25th floor: "Aw shucks,...I'm pooped,....I quit.?"

Why is it so hard to find a mayor who will quit belly-aching and blaming and actually give 110%?

WHY? The big easy is.....TOO easy. If life gets tough...you walk away: into drugs, night-life, booze,...cheap sex,...and if your job is hard: quit: the gov-ment will keep on paying so: quit.
That is why NYPD & NYFD still are on the job and Juliano is repected:
They didn't quit.
What I read in the post, was the Governor and the mayor were so worried about politics that they blocked the federal gov't from taking over the evacutation and the bringing of law and order back to New Orleans.. They were SOOO worried about being blamed for the suffering, that they let the suffering continue.

And I really hope those FD and PD folks don't have a job after all this is done, that's one of the responsibilities you take on when you take one of those jobs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think Christy said it best in another post: it's sad to think that these people have grown so dependent that they can't survive for 3 days without government help.

Anyway, I feel for the cops and firedudes who walked off. This is not 9-11 - this is decay and pestilence, with whiny, demanding stupid people thrown in for good measure. On 9-11, it was people who wanted to be rescued and were cooperative, not the dregs of society.