NYPD woes mount: Patrol chief's sudden retirement part of 'troubling' exodus

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The New York Police Department – said to be the largest police force in the nation – is in the grip of a "troubling" shakeup, as retirements and resignations continue to mount, officials said.

Union officials and others say the exodus is being fueled in part by pressure by racial justice advocates to defund police departments or impose major reforms.

The NYPD said in an email to Fox News this week that 2,385 officers have submitted their retirement papers this year as of Oct. 6 – an 87% increase from the 1,274 retirements reported during the same period in 2019.

This is what happens when elected officials play political games with police department operations.
— PBA President Patrick Lynch

From March 26 to Oct. 5, 1,838 officers retired, compared to 999 during the same period in 2019, a surge of 84%, the NYPD said.

Maybe they can hire all the Hood-Rat Drug Dealers, Pimps and Armed Robbers to Police the city when the cops are gone? :jet:

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Maybe they can hire all the Hood-Rat Drug Dealers, Pimps and Armed Robbers to Police the city when the cops are gone? :jet:
I was thinking they should go with all the liberal arts, gender studies and African American study grads. Start by recruiting at starbucks.

pontificator

"Maybe they can hire all the Hood-Rat Drug Dealers, Pimps and Armed Robbers to Police the city when the cops are gone?"

From where do you think cops are recruited in the first place?

BernieP

Resident PIA
"Maybe they can hire all the Hood-Rat Drug Dealers, Pimps and Armed Robbers to Police the city when the cops are gone?"

From where do you think cops are recruited in the first place?
This is how you "REPLY" (with quote)

To respond to you it would look something like this.
But I am a complete moron, an imbecile, who has not learned to tie my shoes
I agree, 100%

Hijinx

It's mostly politics External is the politicians who refuse to allow officers to do their jobs, or do not back officers when they do, do their jobs.
Then there is internal politics. With AA promotions and Quota's for hiring and promotions, and Chiefs who do not back their men.
Certainly there are officers killed in line of duty and that is a worry for the others, but it isn't the reason they are leaving.

That is one of the dangers of the job and they all know it when they start, but when the force cannot do the job because of interference from higher up, when unqualified people are promoted ahead of the or unqualified people are being hired or promoted because of quotas. gender and or racial quota's it is just not a fit place to work.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It's mostly politics External is the politicians who refuse to allow officers to do their jobs, or do not back officers when they do, do their jobs.
Then there is internal politics. With AA promotions and Quota's for hiring and promotions, and Chiefs who do not back their men.
Certainly there are officers killed in line of duty and that is a worry for the others, but it isn't the reason they are leaving.

That is one of the dangers of the job and they all know it when they start, but when the force cannot do the job because of interference from higher up, when unqualified people are promoted ahead of the or unqualified people are being hired or promoted because of quotas. gender and or racial quota's it is just not a fit place to work.
I grew up in an area with a police department, that meant the Chief was a political hire. At the time it was a one party town, whoever won the democratic primary, was the general election winner. When I turned 18, I registered as a democrat just so I could vote out the corrupt bastards.
Eventually we elected a democrat as the DJ who was not in the "Faction", call her a white hat democrat.
She and her friends soon found trouble with the local PD and the "black glove gang". A certain group of officers took to wearing black gloves all the time, and the dark aviator shades. Yes, like a bad movie. In retaliation, she would dismiss traffic tickets for everyone who showed up in her court.
That's politics in a "union" town.
From what I gather in St. Mary's it's not so much if you are R or D, but if you are a "friend" of certain people.
I have heard complaints, primarily from women, who say the SA did not prosecute diligently crimes of harassments and even domestic violence because the ex had connections. Total lack of transparency and oversight. Even now, with the allegations that have been made, has there been any announcement regarding an outside investigation? One hand will wash the other, quid pro quo.

Hijinx

I grew up in an area with a police department, that meant the Chief was a political hire. At the time it was a one party town, whoever won the democratic primary, was the general election winner. When I turned 18, I registered as a democrat just so I could vote out the corrupt bastards.
Eventually we elected a democrat as the DJ who was not in the "Faction", call her a white hat democrat.
She and her friends soon found trouble with the local PD and the "black glove gang". A certain group of officers took to wearing black gloves all the time, and the dark aviator shades. Yes, like a bad movie. In retaliation, she would dismiss traffic tickets for everyone who showed up in her court.
That's politics in a "union" town.
From what I gather in St. Mary's it's not so much if you are R or D, but if you are a "friend" of certain people.
I have heard complaints, primarily from women, who say the SA did not prosecute diligently crimes of harassments and even domestic violence because the ex had connections. Total lack of transparency and oversight. Even now, with the allegations that have been made, has there been any announcement regarding an outside investigation? One hand will wash the other, quid pro quo.

I can attest to the fact that it pays to have friends in Leonardtown.
But Republicans strength is growing fast in the County.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, good. I was starting to wonder what kind of neanderthal losers would take a job where your Mayor and City Council throws you out there to the wolves, then takes the wolves' side against you when you get injured or killed.

You can be a cop literally anywhere in America, and many (most) of those cities are wonderful communities. So you have to wonder about those who choose to be a cop in some disgusting shithole of human filth where you run the risk of death or serious injury every single day and have absolutely no support. I just figured they were all on the take and dirty in some way, that's why they stay.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Okay, good. I was starting to wonder what kind of neanderthal losers would take a job where your Mayor and City Council throws you out there to the wolves, then takes the wolves' side against you when you get injured or killed.
For some, when they signed on it wasn't like this. I think 90% plus feel called to serve their community.
They went in with the expectation of having the support of the political and department leadership.
The brass in a police department know they serve at the pleasure of the mayor or executive (board, whatever).
But I don't think they saw this type of boot licking from the politicians.