Oak Ridge 11/26???

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Heard there might be a trail ride on Sunday at Oakridge? Is this being put on by anyone? Or are there any rides in the area??? Thanks!

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
One of our "barn brats" said her friend would be riding there on Sunday - I think they'll just be on their own. Might try to get out there too. Weather has definitly improved!!!

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
THIS SUNDAY IS THE FIRST SUNDAY OF SHOTGUN HUNTING SEASON..me staying home..

They are only allowed to hunt on Sunday on their own, private land!!!! No one should be on public land or hunting on someone's land they don't own.

They shouldn't be hunting anywhere near Oak Ridge on Sunday. We hunted on our own land today...but not doing any tomorrow, since we don't own it.

Just a though!!! :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SerenitStables said:
They are only allowed to hunt on Sunday on their own, private land!!!! No one should be on public land or hunting on someone's land they don't own.

They shouldn't be hunting anywhere near Oak Ridge on Sunday. We hunted on our own land today...but not doing any tomorrow, since we don't own it.

Just a though!!! :smile:

NO open Sunday hunt....only 2 this year and tomorrow is one of them I looked on the DNR site...

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
NO open Sunday hunt....only 2 this year and tomorrow is one of them I looked on the DNR site...

It was quiet today, except for 3 or 4 groups of trail riders. Heard lots of shots yesterday, but none today.

Had lessons today...horses were great!!! :smile:

The only thing that drives me insane...is when the trail riders come haulin butt up around the trail next to the barn...horses don't like that much. Wish they'd walk...but hoping for something that won't happen. Most people are respectful, but not all.

Also, why are there always a bunch of kids out there riding without an adult or instructor?? That bothers me...I don't think it's safe to send kids out on their own...IMO. My kids are allowed to go, as long as one of them is 16 or older...these kids look soooo young.

Not sure how everyone else feels about that...just thinking about safety.

~Jen~