Obama all smiles as he jets to Martha's Vineyard

Severa

Common sense ain't common
And he's off! Obama all smiles as he jets to Martha's Vineyard - as approval plummets, unemployment rises and stocks tank

With his approval rating dropping to historic lows, unemployment at an epic high and the Dow closing in the gutter, President Barack Obama is cutting his losses and taking a few days off.

The president will be staying with his family at the Blue Heron Farm, a sprawling, $50,000-per-week estate with plenty of room for staff and Secret Service agents accompanying him on the trip.

Mr Obama boarded Air Force One with First Dog Bo on Thursday as a new poll showed a startling loss in the commander-in-chief's favourability before he heads to Martha's Vineyard.

A Gallup poll released Wednesday showed the president’s handling of the economy at a new low of 26 per cent in the aftermath of a bruising fight with Congress over federal spending.

====================================

Even after all of this they still find 26% approval? Holycow where do they find these people?

"Yeah I have a plan for jobs but you all are going to have to wait till I get back from vacation till you can see it. Have fun and I'll see ya in a few weeks!"

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Why wouldn't he be "all smiles"? "Job 1" for him, his daddy Soros and all who voted him in is to destroy this country and it's economy. He's happy with his success...

Katt

Why wouldn't he be "all smiles"? "Job 1" for him, his daddy Soros and all who voted him in is to destroy this country and it's economy. He's happy with his success...

:yeahthat: agreed! They were like the flock to the sheppard, blindly following their leader. I didn't drink the Kool Aid.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I am so tired of all you complainers.....
What would YOU do to turn things around?
Quit bashing the President and get off your ares and go make a difference!

Complaining is not helping!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I'm not the President that was elected to do it, nor am I the person that was elected that said.he had all the answers, nor am I the President that promised if we let him do.what he wanted unemployment would never be more than 8%....

What do you suggest I do to bring down unemployment, shore up the housing market, and improve our economy? Other than ensuring this.moron doesn't get re-elected I can't think of anything that would be.more effective, you?

aubriana

I'm not the President that was elected to do it, nor am I the person that was elected that said.he had all the answers, nor am I the President that promised if we let him do.what he wanted unemployment would never be more than 8%....

What do you suggest I do to bring down unemployment, shore up the housing market, and improve our economy? Other than ensuring this.moron doesn't get re-elected I can't think of anything that would be.more effective, you?

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Vince

I make a difference everyday. I go to work and pay my taxes so the President and our Congress can use that money, but this president and congress has not been using my money wisely. If I were elected President, I could do a much better job than this one. Hell, anyone could sit on their ass and do nothing like this president does. And the whole Congress should be fired and replaced with some real conservative thinking men and women. You can't spend your way to financial health. Neither stimulus package should have gone through. Bush needs a boot in the ass for that one and Obama for finishing the job. Complainers? BS. Stop the spending for all the little pet projects that these Congressmen/women have going for themselves. Stop giving money to other countries, money we no longer have. No more support for the UN. Another useless organization. Illegal immigrants are eating up jobs and contributing to the crime rate. Deport them all and give the jobs to those on unemployment and welfare. If they refuse the job, cut off their money, etc, etc.

Don't mind me, I'm just pizzed off this morning.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Just WTF do you suggest we do?? :duh: F*ck that kenyan! He's the one who lied his way into office, lied his entire term to date and will be lieing when he goes out. So I ask again, WTF are we suppose to do (uther than vote against him)?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

We just had two years where the president had the full support of both the house and senate that allowed him to pass just about any legislation he desired.

They couldn't pass a budget but they passed a very expensive stimulus plan that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. Overall it's now at 9.2% and over 16.3% in the black community.

Look at the people he chooses to advise him. He stated in his book that when he was in college he sought out radical marxist professors. He still does and their advice doen't help a free capitalist society to grow.

Vince

We just had two years where the president had the full support of both the house and senate that allowed him to pass just about any legislation he desired.

They couldn't pass a budget but they passed a very expensive stimulus plan that would prevent unemployment from going over 8%. Overall it's now at 9.2% and over 16.3% in the black community.

Look at the people he chooses to advise him. He stated in his book that when he was in college he sought out radical marxist professors. He still does and their advice doen't help a free capitalist society to grow.
There's another useless group that should be fired. Get rid of all those czars.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Glad you asked.

I would get oil down to $30 a barrel by next week through a series of plans; converting our entire commercial trucking sector to natural gas, expand domestic drilling, reinstate Glass/Steagal or a modern version that punishes, brutally, non use speculators, do a Resolution Trust style plan of revaluing every home in America that is under water in terms of mortgage owed vs. appraisal and force mortgage (and share) holders to accept a plan designed to get them, for example, to accept principal and interest payments flowing on houses actually worth $150,000 instead of getting nothing but more foreclosures on those same houses that have, as an example, $300,000 mortgages that are NOT being paid.

You can thank me later.

Oh, and I'd invade Mexico.

:patriot:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I make a difference everyday. I go to work and pay my taxes so the President and our Congress can use that money, but this president and congress has not been using my money wisely. If I were elected President, I could do a much better job than this one. Hell, anyone could sit on their ass and do nothing like this president does. And the whole Congress should be fired and replaced with some real conservative thinking men and women. You can't spend your way to financial health. Neither stimulus package should have gone through. Bush needs a boot in the ass for that one and Obama for finishing the job. Complainers? BS. Stop the spending for all the little pet projects that these Congressmen/women have going for themselves. Stop giving money to other countries, money we no longer have. No more support for the UN. Another useless organization. Illegal immigrants are eating up jobs and contributing to the crime rate. Deport them all and give the jobs to those on unemployment and welfare. If they refuse the job, cut off their money, etc, etc.

Don't mind me, I'm just pizzed off this morning.

Very very well said...

Just WTF do you suggest we do?? :duh: F*ck that kenyan! He's the one who lied his way into office, lied his entire term to date and will be lieing when he goes out. So I ask again, WTF are we suppose to do (uther than vote against him)?

This will all be forgotten in 2012...Kool Aid drinkers will rise to the top...

:yeahthat:

Glad you asked.

I would get oil down to $30 a barrel by next week through a series of plans; converting our entire commercial trucking sector to natural gas, expand domestic drilling, reinstate Glass/Steagal or a modern version that punishes, brutally, non use speculators, do a Resolution Trust style plan of revaluing every home in America that is under water in terms of mortgage owed vs. appraisal and force mortgage (and share) holders to accept a plan designed to get them, for example, to accept principal and interest payments flowing on houses actually worth $150,000 instead of getting nothing but more foreclosures on those same houses that have, as an example, $300,000 mortgages that are NOT being paid.

You can thank me later.

Hope to see your name on the 2012 ballot..but why invade Mexico...There isn't anyone left there is it?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Glad you asked.

You can thank me later.

She would know all this if she followed the many other threads on these topics. Not only have many of us disagreed with choices this administration made but it has been stated clearly why... and what should have been done differently.

Simply put... government is unnecessarily large, imposes far too many regulations and spends a mother load of money that will never be repaid… a majority of that money can be cut or trimmed. That would have been real 'change' in my opinion and something we haven't seen the past 3 years.

Vince

Glad you asked.

You can thank me later.

Might as well. Most of the population is here anyway. :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Glad you asked.

You can thank me later.

WOW! The first person here to actually ansewer the question. You mentioned the Pickens plan before. I'm amazed at how much attention it got back in '08 and now everyone seems to have forgotten about it.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Mr Obama boarded Air Force One with First Dog Bo on Thursday as a new poll showed a startling loss in the commander-in-chief's favourability before he heads to Martha's Vineyard.

While I really don't feel the need to raise a stink about him taking a vacation...I would like to know why his family had to leave earlier on Thursday rather than wait for him. Another staffed jet, another motorcade, etc etc...Really shows a 'let them eat cake' attitude.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...but why invade Mexico...There isn't anyone left there is it?

Should make it an easy 'w'. We could use a little moral boost after the abuse of our armed forces this past decade. Can't wait until we run up against the Mexican navy and air force. :yahoo: And we might have to send in 4th ID just to take care of the drug dealers.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What would YOU do to turn things around? Quit bashing the President and get off your ares and go make a difference! Complaining is not helping!
1) Start impeachment proceedings immediately!
2) Remove the voting privileges from everyone who voted for Obama: (Nonnoboy, JPC, Raven, Katelin, etc.)
3) Require a current photo ID for all voters
4) Put a 100% surcharge on ALL imported products.
5) Give all corporations, that moved their US companies overseas, one chance to come back to the USA or hit them with #2
6) All signs changed back to ONLY English.
7) Make it illegal to hire illegals. No need to deport them; Once they are w/o work, they'll go back on their own.
8) Bring groups like the ACLU, CAIR, Move On, etc, up on charges for treason and RICO violations.

I could go on. It doesn't do any good to write to our Representatives because they really aren't "representing" us. We need a GOP that does their job!