Obama and Trump. Breaking records!

Chris0nllyn

In February 2012, Obama broke records. A $231 billion federal budget deficit. Obama had, days earlier, proposed a budget anticipating $1 tillion yearly deficits for at least another 10 years.

Enter February 2019. A new President. A new record broken. $234 billion budget deficit.

For the first five months of this budget year that began on Oct. 1, the deficit totals $544.2 billion, up from a deficit of $391 billion in the previous budget year.
The administration’s 2019 forecast would represent a 40 percent increase from last year’s deficit of $779 billion

transporter

In February 2012, Obama broke records. A $231 billion federal budget deficit. Obama had, days earlier, proposed a budget anticipating $1 tillion yearly deficits for at least another 10 years.

Enter February 2019. A new President. A new record broken. $234 billion budget deficit.

Week old news.

The deficit is exploding just like every competent economist said it would.

This_person and "everyone on here" may hate it...but they continually clamor for more tax cuts and more spending...thereby advocating for this to get worse. Again...not rocket science. The equation is as simple as they come; revenue - spending = surplus or deficit.

When you continually lower income AND continually increase spending, you will run bigger and bigger deficits.

Chris0nllyn

I realize it takes a longer term memory, or at least some searchign online, but the point was not the reaction of people here, but the party in general.

So many were up-in-arms about Obama's spending they actually passed things to reduce spending! Crazy, I know, but there was a time when the GOP at least acted like they cared about govt. spending.

This_person

I realize it takes a longer term memory, or at least some searchign online, but the point was not the reaction of people here, but the party in general.

So many were up-in-arms about Obama's spending they actually passed things to reduce spending! Crazy, I know, but there was a time when the GOP at least acted like they cared about govt. spending.
It's been a long damned time since that was true.

Again, as most on here have related for some time, the GOP is just a slightly right (but not very right) arm of the Democrat party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG, is that Democrats bitching about spending money???

But...but...what about the Green New Deal? Who cares what things cost? WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!! :jameo:

:yawn: