Obama DOJ : Hands up don't shoot was a false narrative

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Time to retire Ferguson narrative

The problem is, all of the racially tinged accusations against Officer Wilson were likely false, according to the final analysis by President Obama’s Department of Justice. The report, issued in 2015, found that Officer Wilson’s accounts were corroborated. He’d acted in self-defense. Brown, the report said, had reached into the police vehicle and grabbed Officer Wilson by the neck. And Brown appeared to be lunging toward Officer Wilson when Officer Wilson shot him in self-defense.

The Obama Justice Department investigators concluded that original witness accounts claiming that Brown’s hands were up when he was shot, and other key claims, were “unreliable” and — in many instances — directly contradicted by the forensic evidence, while Officer Wilson’s story was supported by the forensics. “Hands up, don’t shoot,” the Obama Justice Department found, was contrary to reliable accounts — and likely fabricated.

The findings of this important report got nowhere near the news coverage of the original false claims. There were no apologies to Officer Wilson. His career and life were ruined by the false claims.

Now, the very candidates regularly accusing President Trump of being a liar and divisive, of making claims “without evidence,” have made their own divisive, false claims. Not only are these claims “without evidence,” they contradict the evidence, according to the Obama Justice Department.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is there an American citizen who was alive at the time that is unaware of this?

did you read the OP ?

On Friday and Saturday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, all running for their party’s nomination for president, tweeted out statements containing disproven claims or false implications about the incident.

Booker tweeted: “5 years ago, Michael Brown was killed by a police officer ... I have been thinking all day about Mike and his family, and my prayers are with them. I am also thinking about the everyday citizens who stood against this police violence and racism and were tear gassed for their patriotic acts. Ferguson called to the conscience of our nation and inspired a movement that rightly continues.”

Gillibrand said: “5 years ago, a Ferguson police officer killed Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager. He shot him 6 times. Nothing will bring Michael back, but we can't stop fighting the injustice done to his family and so many others.”

Ryan wrote: “Five years since the tragic death of Michael Brown and we still have significant work to do. We must rebuild trust between police and the communities they have sworn to protect.”

DeBlasio said: “Michael Brown should be here today. My city knows the pain of Ferguson all too well ... NO ONE should die due to the color of their skin.”

O’Rourke tweeted: “Five years ago, Michael Brown was shot dead by a police officer. ... We are reminded of an idea as urgent, and as ignored, today as it was when Michael was killed: Black Lives Matter.”

Sanders wrote: “Michael Brown should be alive today. Five years after his death, we must finally end police violence against people of color.”

Harris had this take: “Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.”

And Warren tweeted: “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.”

SamSpade

I hate the constant thing about a person being "unarmed". Unarmed does not mean not deadly - I've been beaten pretty good by unarmed people. One of the reasons people HAVE guns is so that people who can kill you with their fists, feet and anything they can place their hands on are at a disadvantage.

I'd be 100% more supportive of a narrative that showed he was surrendering peacefully to authorities. That he really did surrender, saying "don't shoot" while giving up to the police. That's not what happened.

SamSpade

I'm certain they know they're lying. I can't come close to believing they are that withdrawn from reality and able to dress themselves in the morning.
No, I think they've convinced themselves it's true - I think they don't care if he wasn't surrendering, if he didn't have his hands raised, that he was trying to attack the cops - he ended up dead, and they're claiming racism got him shot. This is their message - everything is racism. All of their other ideas are pipe dreams in the most literal sense of the phrase.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
EAvN8SDWwAEtcNJ.jpg

This_person

No, I think they've convinced themselves it's true - I think they don't care if he wasn't surrendering, if he didn't have his hands raised, that he was trying to attack the cops - he ended up dead, and they're claiming racism got him shot. This is their message - everything is racism. All of their other ideas are pipe dreams in the most literal sense of the phrase.
Your whole thing - especially the first sentence - I agree with. They've convinced themselves, but I would say they know they've convinced themselves because they don't care that the reality isn't the reality.

AOC gave it to us perfectly when she said she wants to be morally right, not factually right. She, and the ones whose tweets were quoted, don't understand that factually right drives morally right, not the other way around.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
AOC gave it to us perfectly when she said she wants to be morally right, not factually right. She, and the ones whose tweets were quoted, don't understand that factually right drives morally right, not the other way around.

Broken minds.

glhs837

Power with Control

And thats scares the crap out of me, that such a statement can be uttered and so many just say, "You go, sister!!!"

I keep seeing Mikes Mom and Sandra Blands family stilll milking this crap and it really lets you see how self delusional certain folks are.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I ignore all the negative crap and focus on the bright side: Look how long Mike has been drug and crime free.