Obama McCain Tax Policy Outlined

This_person

Interesting article that outlines the differences between Obama and McCain's tax proposals. Frankly, just based on the tax proposal, I impressed with Obama's as opposed to the rich get richer plans of McCain's.

How McCain and Obama will change your tax bill - Jun. 11, 2008
:confused: How is McCain's tax plan "rich get richer" when everyone, according to your link, gets tax relief (which has been proven to stimulate the economy and job growth, actually causing a net gain in the federal coffers)? That seems to be pretty fair to everybody, whereas Obama's plan looks a redistribution of wealth.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
:confused: How is McCain's tax plan "rich get richer" when everyone, according to your link, gets tax relief (which has been proven to stimulate the economy and job growth, actually causing a net gain in the federal coffers)? That seems to be pretty fair to everybody, whereas Obama's plan looks a redistribution of wealth.

She is obviously from the DNC. Never expected anyone to actually read the link. You're supposed to drink the Obama-Aid of Class Warfare obediently.

suzanne

McCain: The average taxpayer in every income group would see a lower tax bill, but high-income taxpayers would benefit more than everyone else.

Obama: High-income taxpayers would pay more in taxes, while everyone else's tax bill would be reduced. Those who benefit the most - in terms of reducing their taxes as a percentage of after-tax income - are in the lowest income groups.

I guess we must be reading different articles because I certainly don't see what you guys are talking about. But that's just my opinion. I just hope others get to read the article.

ylexot

Super Genius
Check out the $2.9M+ line. Say you're making the minimum...$2.9M :)getdown:). You're already paying 35% in taxes :)frown:). Obama comes along and takes an additional 25% for a total of 60% in taxes! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I don't care how much you make yourself, but if you think that taxing someone 60% is "fair", you have got serious mental problems.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I just want a definition of 'rich'. At the Saddleback debate, McCain said rich is $5M. Obama danced around the question, however his tax plan on paper coupled with his rhetoric says $42k.

A college grad first year teacher starts at $42k. Didn't know (as I'm sure they don't know) they're rich.

I hope under McCain's plan that those 'rich' folks making $42k a year get some tax relief instead of getting screwed by Obama's plan.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Check out the $2.9M+ line. Say you're making the minimum...$2.9M :)getdown:). You're already paying 35% in taxes :)frown:). Obama comes along and takes an additional 25% for a total of 60% in taxes! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I don't care how much you make yourself, but if you think that taxing someone 60% is "fair", you have got serious mental problems.

And just like many of the rich did in Great Britain when the taxes got unbearable, they will find some other country to live in and then their 35% will be lost.

Didn't we fight the revolution over taxes? Why yes, I think we did. The tax and spenders and those that think the government has an obligation to support anyone better read the Constitution. There will be a straw that will break the camel's back and the gravy train for those on the dole will be derailed.

Kerad

I just want a definition of 'rich'. At the Saddleback debate, McCain said rich is $5M. Obama danced around the question, however his tax plan on paper coupled with his rhetoric says $42k.

A college grad first year teacher starts at $42k. Didn't know (as I'm sure they don't know) they're rich.

I hope under McCain's plan that those 'rich' folks making $42k a year get some tax relief instead of getting screwed by Obama's plan.

:rolleyes: Nobody's going to fall for that.

$225,00 is the number I've heard. And looking at the plan on the original link, that's consistent with what he's been saying.

bcp

In My Opinion
:rolleyes: Nobody's going to fall for that.

$225,00 is the number I've heard. And looking at the plan on the original link, that's consistent with what he's been saying.
the 225,000 is for social security tax. that means, that those people will pay more into it than they can get back out of it.
please explain how that is fair? well fair to someone other than the low class porch dwelling 40oz sucking welfare momma crackhead.

take off your obamambutt sunglasses and look again.
you might want to get some help reading it if it is too taxing.

dont forget that 45% tax on estates.

ylexot

Super Genius
I'm actually watching the Saddleback forum thing now because I couldn't watch it live and Obama just answered the "rich" question...he said $250k.

Pete

Repete
I saw a bumper sticker on a plumbers van today. It said:

WORK HARDER!

Millions of people on welfare are counting on you.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I guess we must be reading different articles because I certainly don't see what you guys are talking about.

Quote:
McCain: The average taxpayer in every income group would see a lower tax bill, but high-income taxpayers would benefit more than everyone else.Obama: High-income taxpayers would pay more in taxes, while everyone else's tax bill would be reduced. Those who benefit the most - in terms of reducing their taxes as a percentage of after-tax income - are in the lowest income groups.

But that's just my opinion. I just hope others get to read the article.

High income earners would also PAY MORE than everyone else. I love the way they love to play loose with words and facts.

Obama says he's reducing the tax bill of the lower income groups - but he's increasing their income credits & freebies - which is coming from the redistribution of wealth of the "rich".

tirdun

staring into the abyss
the 225,000 is for social security tax. that means, that those people will pay more into it than they can get back out of it.
please explain how that is fair? well fair to someone other than the low class porch dwelling 40oz sucking welfare momma crackhead.
First, some real welfare statistics to correct your ignorance. 50% of all welfare recipients are off welfare within 2 years. 75% are off within 5. Three quarters have 2 or fewer children and only 10% have more than 4. The majority go ON welfare because a wage earner has either become disabled or has been killed. Understand? Tax-paying people who lose a source of income and work their way off a system designed to help them.

Second, in any system in order for there to be people who get -more- than they put in, there has to be a group of people who get -less- than they put in. Hence the "social" prefix. Or perhaps you're suggesting that we should get rid of: disability, supplemental security, medicare, medicaid, worker's comp, miner and veterans benefits.

take off your obamambutt sunglasses and look again.
I hadn't realized McCain was suggesting eliminating Veteran's benefits or Disability as a means to counter his propsed tax cuts.

dont forget that 45% tax on estates.
The estate tax is going to change regardless. Obama's tax applies after the first $7 million for a married couple. McCain's version exempts the first $10 million and sets the rate at a lower 15%.

It must be nice being so rich that you have to worry about this.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
First, some real welfare statistics to correct your ignorance. 50% of all welfare recipients are off welfare within 2 years. 75% are off within 5. Three quarters have 2 or fewer children and only 10% have more than 4. The majority go ON welfare because a wage earner has either become disabled or has been killed. Understand? Tax-paying people who lose a source of income and work their way off a system designed to help them.

Second, in any system in order for there to be people who get -more- than they put in, there has to be a group of people who get -less- than they put in. Hence the "social" prefix. Or perhaps you're suggesting that we should get rid of: disability, supplemental security, medicare, medicaid, worker's comp, miner and veterans benefits.

I hadn't realized McCain was suggesting eliminating Veteran's benefits or Disability as a means to counter his propsed tax cuts.

The estate tax is going to change regardless. Obama's tax applies after the first $7 million for a married couple. McCain's version exempts the first $10 million and sets the rate at a lower 15%.

Please provide links to this statistical data.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Must be nice to think that people are entitled to a part of someone else's money just because they are "poor".

What part of INCOME RE-distribution do you not understand?