"Obama would have handled COVID better"

Scootboot

I haven't done this before now because of the whacked word wars I've been watching on the forums.... I'm not doing this for any purpose other than to give insight as to some of the input I used to reach my conclusions. Here is the direct words from a nephew in the medic field in Columbia, MD when I was messaging with him yesterday:

HIM: It really is as bad as it sounds. Some places have it worse than others. We in MD are projected to peak currently around the beginning of May so we are very much on the upswing
If people stop social distancing that will make it worse. It’s the beginning of May now because of the social distancing. People just need to stay put and truly listen
It’s new times for everyone and sadly not keeping to ourselves will only make this worse
Bluntly, this thing sucks and is going to kill a lot of people. A lot of people that can normally fight off the “flu”
This isn’t the flu and needs to be respected for what it is. Our lives will forever be changed by this. We are talking months before we even begin to get to “normal” again

ME: Exactly the conclusion I reached, but a friend of mine thinks I am crazy. I received same answer a while ago from a 24 yr old family friend who is a nurse at St. Mary's she said her unit of 30 beds is now at 100% capacity all positive COVID19.
Thanks for your honesty.

HIM: Yea. It’s sad that people won’t actually believe science and just believe whatever

ME: I've been preaching the math and science is very simple and doesn't lie.

HIM: Exactly. This disease is such basic biology it isn’t funny. Heck kids learn about spreading germs in 1st grade and how to stop the spread
This is a little more intense ensues of the no immunity thing and it’s a dangerous bug
Where are the bulk of cases going to come from on May 1st since we have all been sitting at home since middle of March? Everyone says quarantine for 14 days if you come in contact with someone who has it. That will be 45 days of kids not going to school, teleworking, etc. I don't understand why they say beginning of May is when Maryland is supposed to peak.

Where are the bulk of cases going to come from on May 1st since we have all been sitting at home since middle of March? Everyone says quarantine for 14 days if you come in contact with someone who has it. That will be 45 days of kids not going to school, teleworking, etc. I don't understand why they say beginning of May is when Maryland is supposed to peak.
Simple. They will come from those who still go out and about with those who are out and about shedding the virus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Simple. They will come from those who still go out and about with those who are out and about shedding the virus.

So I'm guessing you plan to stay in your home and not leave it until May 1 or whenever they give the all clear?

Or do you plan on being part of the problem as you see it?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yet in all the hand-wringing, by the same political animals ordering others to hide in their homes, there are those of us that are listed as "Essential" and have continued to get up and go to work every day since this began and will continue throughout the entire fiasco.

So can we file suit for them trying to kill us?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yet in all the hand-wringing, by the same political animals ordering others to hide in their homes, there are those of us that are listed as "Essential" and have continued to get up and go to work every day since this began and will continue throughout the entire fiasco.

So can we file suit for them trying to kill us?

99% of those designated as "essential" are largely because their employer owns a politician or two. Health care professionals are essential; some government cube rat is not.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
99% of those designated as "essential" are largely because their employer owns a politician or two. Health care professionals are essential; some government cube rat is not.
Seems to me, if they're not "Essential" now, they never were and theres a need to decrease the surplus workforce.

Scootboot

Yeah but that is a month after the stay at home order. How will May 1st be the peak? I would believe it if they said middle of April. Give it two weeks from the clamp down. May 1st doesn't make sense to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah but that is a month after the stay at home order. How will May 1st be the peak? I would believe it if they said middle of April. Give it two weeks from the clamp down. May 1st doesn't make sense to me.

The real answer is that they have no idea and are just throwing dates and numbers out there. Just like that Fauci person is just throwing chit against the wall.

He is in the northern county area where the numbers are already higher and his comment was based on the fact that not enough people are practicing social distancing yet and each week that goes by with the multiplication of spread pushes the peak week out again. It is exactly what we are seeing in NY.

Scat

He is in the northern county area where the numbers are already higher and his comment was based on the fact that not enough people are practicing social distancing yet and each week that goes by with the multiplication of spread pushes the peak week out again. It is exactly what we are seeing in NY.
But NYC , San Fran., Chicago and Atlanta are not atypical american towns. How do you compare any of those to Prince Frederick, St. Marys city or downtown Nanjemoy ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The current case number trajectory does not point to a mid-April peak unless something rather abrupt and dramatic affects the curve.

DaSDGuy

2.4 MILLION people die in the US every year.

That comes out to around 6,575 people every day.

Let me repeat that:

An average of 6,575 people die in the US every day.

I just like to occasionally throw out actual statistics and keep this chit real.

Edited :razz:
How about the 65,000 the CDC says is the average deaths from the flu every year? Or 35,000 a year in auto accidents?

herb749

The current case number trajectory does not point to a mid-April peak unless something rather abrupt and dramatic affects the curve.

Its just a guess right now. A week ago the peak was mid April. Now it could be June. They really don't know for sure.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Its just a guess right now. A week ago the peak was mid April. Now it could be June. They really don't know for sure.

Hard to predict when it will peak but it's not hard to predict when it won't in the nearer term. The current curve derivatives do not support a mid-April apex at all.

Trend analysis...it's what I do for a living.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I told hubs - when this first started making the news and about a week before Trump put the travel ban in place this was going to be bad ... not because of the virus itself; rather, the effects of irrational panic on our economy, which would undoubtedly be fueled by trash media who’ve been non-stop hell-bent (agree or disagree) on hanging Trump. They refuse to do the right and responsible thing (factual reporting) for our country; and you don't have to ask “why?” if you follow the money.

More broadly, I hope those in our government who can/should are taking a fast and furious look at the potential this was an intentional bio-precursor from China. CCP has global goals and the timing was perfect considering our country - with the strongest economy - was already so deeply divided and a segment of our citizens support the utopian concept of open borders/global vision. Ideal time to strike by creating further chaos, tanking the strongest economy, then launch a second more-destructive and maybe equally ”invisible” wave/measure as part of their broader vision. Meanwhile, they’re portraying themselves as a savior of sorts in Europe and other parts of the world by shepherding in critical resources (albeit faulty), and our faithful media - on China’s payroll - continue being apologists.

In my opinion, the collective “we” are doing exactly what they’d want us to be doing: pointing fingers, questioning numbers, fueling chaos, and 24/7 focus within our border ... I hope to hell someone is looking hard at the “why” and “where” threat from outside our border.

BTW, hi! :patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I told hubs - when this first started making the news and about a week before Trump put the travel ban in place this was going to be bad ... not because of the virus itself; rather, the effects of irrational panic on our economy, which would undoubtedly be fueled by trash media who’ve been non-stop hell-bent (agree or disagree) on hanging Trump. They refuse to do the right and responsible thing (factual reporting) for our country; and you don't have to ask “why?” if you follow the money.

More broadly, I hope those in our government who can/should are taking a fast and furious look at the potential this was an intentional bio-precursor from China. CCP has global goals and the timing was perfect considering our country - with the strongest economy - was already so deeply divided and a segment of our citizens support the utopian concept of open borders/global vision. Ideal time to strike by creating further chaos, tanking the strongest economy, then launch a second more-destructive and maybe equally ”invisible” wave/measure as part of their broader vision. Meanwhile, they’re portraying themselves as a savior of sorts in Europe and other parts of the world by shepherding in critical resources (albeit faulty), and our faithful media - on China’s payroll - continue being apologists.

In my opinion, the collective “we” are doing exactly what they’d want us to be doing: pointing fingers, questioning numbers, fueling chaos, and 24/7 focus within our border ... I hope to hell someone is looking hard at the “why” and “where” threat from outside our border.

BTW, hi! :patriot:

Holy chit, look what the cat dragged in! :faint:

How've you been?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Holy chit, look what the cat dragged in! :faint:

How've you been?
You know I like to stop by from time to time. ;) We are good and hope same for you/yours. I made sure to stock, lock & load before shizz went nuts. Are y’all still on the road these days? Was thinking about you the other day but work has been too nutty to get on to say hi/check in.

BOP

Right, but normally what they do when there's a buggy going around is tell those with weak immune systems or health issues or whatever to take precautions, and it's on them. They don't firebomb the whole country.

I'm not at risk, and neither are most Americans. I could make out with Patient Zero and not get sick from this virus. If they catch me real quick I might test positive, but they'd have to hurry before my spectacular antibodies attacked it and killed it. So why are the majority being punished because of the few?

I still maintain that this overreaction is political, not biological. And it doesn't matter what actions Trump took, the Democrats would bitch and whine and call for an investigation.
So Monello is Patient Zero, there, Typhoid Mary, or did you have someone else in mind? :eyebrow: