Obama's 8-point convention 'bounce'

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"DENVER - Barack Obama's "convention bounce'' has put him eight percentage points ahead of Republican rival John McCain in the latest daily tracking poll - with McCain hoping that his naming of a running mate today will start reining in his opponent's advantage heading into next week's Republican National Convention.

It's Obama 49, McCain 41, in the latest Gallup Poll track.

The two had been virtually tied in the national daily tracking surveyl that Gallup runs heading into the first convention, and if McCain gets his own bump from his convention, they could be tied again coming out of the conventions. "

Obama's 8-point convention 'bounce': The Swamp

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
After the McCain VP announcement today, I'll wait for the most current polls to see how his next bounce goes...:coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I can't remember who it was, I think it was Karl Rove, who said that Obama would probably come out of his convention with a double digit lead. He needed it - as he had a negative.

But only an 8 point bounce? Wow. No wonder the soundbite I saw of Obama yesterday showed a very sour-puss looking guy!

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

by sunday we should see the real numbers since the announcement.

ylexot

Super Genius
I think it will be interesting if the polls show that Palin gave a big swing to McCain since all the lefty talking heads are saying that she's a bad choice.

bcp

In My Opinion
only 8 point? The Dems are all headed to the bathroom, to take a long pause on the oval seat.
although this is once again going to become a close election, I have to agree, the convention is the biggest thing that the parties do. Obama gained an 8 point lead, but the republicans still have their convention to go.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers look after the convention
I think the numbers will turn again.
I see a slim win by the McCain team come election time. 1~2 percentage points.

reason for the division in the country.
there are now as many people looking for handouts and the ability to put their hands in other peoples accounts, (liberals) as there are people that want to work for a living and earn what they have (conservatives)

wintersprings

although this is once again going to become a close election, I have to agree, the convention is the biggest thing that the parties do. Obama gained an 8 point lead, but the republicans still have their convention to go.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers look after the convention
I think the numbers will turn again.
I see a slim win by the McCain team come election time. 1~2 percentage points.

reason for the division in the country.
there are now as many people looking for handouts and the ability to put their hands in other peoples accounts, (liberals) as there are people that want to work for a living and earn what they have (conservatives)

how dare you...I want my handout...................

//snark off

bcp

In My Opinion
how dare you...I want my handout...................

//snark off
vote for ombama, quit your job, have some babies with unkown fathers, or impregnate a couple crack hos, then buy a 40 and sit on your front stoop and complain about the corporations ruining your life.

check will be in the mail quickly.