Obgyn

S

sh4au

Don't know if this is the right section to post in, but I will be up there in July, and I'm expecting. When we were up there to visit, we saw a St. Mary's Hospital, and then I saw what looked like a house, but it was an OBGYN's office?... Who do you Recommend?! Thanks!!

sh4au said:
Don't know if this is the right section to post in, but I will be up there in July, and I'm expecting. When we were up there to visit, we saw a St. Mary's Hospital, and then I saw what looked like a house, but it was an OBGYN's office?... Who do you Recommend?! Thanks!!
Your best bet is to use the forum "search" feature so that you can read through the many threads on this subject... quite a few threads are very recent.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
sh4au said:

Dr. Lawrence Tilley is a wonderful OB/GYN, very gentle, very caring, very capable.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Don't have a lot to choose from in St. Mary's for an OB doc. I went to Polko and she was wonderful.

lovinmaryland

Radiant1 said:
Dr. Lawrence Tilley is a wonderful OB/GYN, very gentle, very caring, very capable.

Dr. Lisa Polko just delivered my baby and she was great. I would go as far to say she is my favorite in my 12 years of needing an obgyn.

but... i have also heard good things about Dr. Tilley as well

S

sh4au

Thanks Ladies, I found some previous threads w/ the same concern, and it seems like I'll have to check out Dr. Polko!

Radiant1

Soul Probe
sh4au said:
Thanks Ladies, I found some previous threads w/ the same concern, and it seems like I'll have to check out Dr. Polko!

Wow, I did the search and read through the comments about Dr. Tilley and that's not how I find him "dry" or a "jerk" at all, but that was when he first started his practice here.

Polko certainly is very busy which would verify her popularity and the reason why she yawns throughout her dictations I transcribe. The poor woman must get no sleep, babies not caring about schedules and all! :lmao:

lovinmaryland

Radiant1 said:
Wow, I did the search and read through the comments about Dr. Tilley and that's not how I find him "dry" or a "jerk" at all, but that was when he first started his practice here.

Polko certainly is very busy which would verify her popularity and the reason why she yawns throughout her dictations I transcribe. The poor woman must get no sleep, babies not caring about schedules and all! :lmao:

that women works so hard... the day i was induced she was inducing 3 other girls i was the first to have my baby the last girl had hers the following day... dr. polko doesn't leave until all her patients deliver. she is really a great dr.

mizteresa1965

hotmomma said:
Don't have a lot to choose from in St. Mary's for an OB doc. I went to Polko and she was wonderful.

Lisa Polko is fantastic!!! I've been going to her for 7 years! Have alot of friends that see her too! She's the best!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Whoever gave me the red karma, could you at least leave a comment why you left a red mark? Geez. Didn't know I offended anyone.

lovinmaryland

hotmomma said:
Whoever gave me the red karma, could you at least leave a comment why you left a red mark? Geez. Didn't know I offended anyone.
:huggy: everyone has there favorites i guess :shrug:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I didn't say any of the OB's were bad. They all may be great. Just said we don't have a huge list to choose from.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
hotmomma said:
I didn't say any of the OB's were bad. They all may be great. Just said we don't have a huge list to choose from.

It's true, there's only three I can think of offhand...Tilley, Polko, and Neal.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Neal is pretty good, she's who I'm seeing now. Although if you're willing to deliver in Calvert, Dr. Naini(sp?) has an office in the California area, he delivered two of my three younger siblings and he's awesome! I'd be seeing him if he accepted my insurance.

sockgirl77

Dr. Polko is wonderful. I would definently read up on Dr. Tilley before calling his office. In my opinion, he's an ass who gives awful advice. But, that's just my experience and all of my friends that went to see him.

mamissa3

Dr. Polko is wonderful!!! She is my OB and she delivered my last one. I would recommend her to anyone!!

aanderson

Dr. Polko and Ann Naru are awesome. Although...when I went into labor with my son this past Sept., Dr. Polko was out of town. Her stand in doctor, Dr. Davis was EXCELLENT. He came to the hospital as soon as they called him...at 3am...and stayed until I gave birth around 8:30am. The next day, he came by the hospital to check on me. So eventhough I still go see Dr. Polko and Ann, I do have to say that Dr. Davis is great too. :yay: