Object lights up the eastern chesapeake bay at 9:00pm

3CATSAILOR

Right at 9PM Sunday night a bright object came streaking nearly straight down, some slight angle and then burned out. I suspect it was probably a meteorite or some man made space junk. It looked kind of interesting while it lasted. It was a little ironic that where it seemed to come down was pretty much lined up with the Space "Port" at Wallops Island.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Right at 9PM Sunday night a bright object came streaking nearly straight down, some slight angle and then burned out. I suspect it was probably a meteorite or some man made space junk. It looked kind of interesting while it lasted. It was a little ironic that where it seemed to come down was pretty much lined up with the Space "Port" at Wallops Island.

That's weird. You made me think of what hub told me today. The largest supermoon in 70 years will be visible tonight; 1948 was the last one.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ars-Lights-New-York-City-Skies-401034556.html

littlelady

God bless the USA
Last time I saw a super moon I was drunk and getting ready to mount a pleasantly plump women and I think that was 1985.....lol:razz:

:jet: :lol:

I heard the super moon can be seen through Wednesday night, if some haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

officeguy

Saw that thing while driving on 210 in PGC.

Reminded me of the russian dash-cam videos from a couple of years ago:

[video=youtube_share;sl_RknL9G-Q]https://youtu.be/sl_RknL9G-Q[/video]

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I missed the super moon so I had to use a Tortilla. :mad:

Attachments

• 2016-11-16_7-03-45.jpg
    2016-11-16_7-03-45.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 182