Observations on tanks in the trailer.....

limblips

PREMO Member
  1. Only the person whose job it is to fill the freshwater tank is capable of turning the water off while washing dishes, brushing teeth, or cleaning.
  2. Only the person responsible for gray water management can hear the pump running outside of the camper.
  3. Showering at the very clean bath house is only done by the Gray Water manager.
  4. The person responsible for the blackwater tank emptying duty is the only one who will walk the 150 feet to the bath house to use the facilities.
  5. Young males should be taught early in life the time honored male privilege, rite of passage, that separates the genders and use the woods to go #1.
  6. Grandchildren should not be allowed access to the bathroom without first being frisked for non-biodegradable items.
  7. Grandchildren should only be issued toilet paper in the proper quantity for the need, all other TP should be removed from the bathroom.
  8. All of your campmates become scarce when it is time to do tank management.

Three weeks with the grandkids...……………………………...

nutz

1. Only the person whose job it is to fill the freshwater tank is capable of turning the water off while washing dishes, brushing teeth, or cleaning.
  2. Only the person responsible for gray water management can hear the pump running outside of the camper.
  3. Showering at the very clean bath house is only done by the Gray Water manager.
  4. The person responsible for the blackwater tank emptying duty is the only one who will walk the 150 feet to the bath house to use the facilities.
  5. Young males should be taught early in life the time honored male privilege, rite of passage, that separates the genders and use the woods to go #1.
  6. Grandchildren should not be allowed access to the bathroom without first being frisked for non-biodegradable items.
  7. Grandchildren should only be issued toilet paper in the proper quantity for the need, all other TP should be removed from the bathroom.
  8. All of your campmates become scarce when it is time to do tank management.
Three weeks with the grandkids...……………………………...
I’d stop traveling with those kinds of people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No poopin in the TRAILER!!

NEVER leave the black tank dry..

Don't forget to close the freshwater tank drain valve before filling tank and heading down the road.

You can't buy water filters that are too good.

Huh. Sounds like everyone with a trailer should put in their 2 cents and then publish a do's and don'ts trailer guide.

TPD

the poor dad
So lemme see if I understand this - a $50k, $100k, $250k camper trailer with big screens, a/c, full size shower, full size fridge, deluxe captains chairs, 7 slide outs, outdoor grill, etc and I can't crap in the crapper?? Ok Embassy Suites - your daily managers reception is looking better by the minute.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So lemme see if I understand this - a $50k, $100k, $250k camper trailer with big screens, a/c, full size shower, full size fridge, deluxe captains chairs, 7 slide outs, outdoor grill, etc and I can't crap in the crapper?? Ok Embassy Suites - your daily managers reception is looking better by the minute.
If you don't get it you never will..

But just dollar terms.. Embassy Suites is >200 a night vice $30-50 a night camping.

And Embassy Suites lacks EVERYTHING clamping brings to the table.

Oh.. and generally I have the same rule in my hotel room.. no crappin in the room.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you don't get it you never will..

But just dollar terms.. Embassy Suites is >200 a night vice $30-50 a night camping.

And Embassy Suites lacks EVERYTHING clamping brings to the table.

Oh.. and generally I have the same rule in my hotel room.. no crappin in the room.
Crappin in a hotel room is like taking a dump in your kitchen.

NextJen

Raisin cane
and I can't crap in the crapper?

This is exactly what I think about my RV. I paid for it, I'm in it to enjoy it and relax.....I'm going to use all of it.
My BF used to empty the tank. He wouldn't go in the RV, he'd walk that 150 feet to the bath house.
So, either he loved me so much that he would empty that waste, or my sh** doesn't stink. I'd bet it was the former.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That is the great part about RV/trailer/campground life. You adjust the situation to suit your needs. I like long showers. So I hop on over to the bath house with my shower bag. I've yet to run out of hot water after over 3 years of trying real hard to use all the HW.

Same thing when people in the campground talk about where they are going or where they have been. Here in Holbrook we are 85 miles from our last campground that was in Flagstaff. It took less than 2 hours to get here. That is my kind of drive. Yet I meet people that drove 9 hours to arrive in the spot next to us. To me that's nuts. But what might work for me isn't necessarily right for someone else.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You need to come to the forum camping trip next year.