Observations

GregV814

I realize ratios. I do.
Passing by TJMaxx, 17 people were patiently waiting in line to enter. The doorman person was keeping a sharp count of shoppers!
The Walmart is pretty much a free for all, as long as you are masked, and no head counts.
3000 people jammed in like the farmers market at Charlotte Hall over the weekend with no personal safety in place, but drive thru only at greasyburger joints.

mdff21

Went by Wendy's today and asked when they were going to open for carry-out and not just drive-thru. The manager said that corporate is keeping things shut down for another month. They don't have the plastic shields for the cashiers at the registers. Roy's in Solomons has carry-out as well as drive-thru.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It's slowly sliding back into a more normal existence, each business is following whatever guidance they are given.
Giant is going back to normal hours, the lines are off the floor and all they require is mask (and they won't use reusable bags, but you can)
Some stores have limited hours and lines on the floor, others are doing what their corporate HQ tells them.

mitzi

Went by Wendy's today and asked when they were going to open for carry-out and not just drive-thru. The manager said that corporate is keeping things shut down for another month. They don't have the plastic shields for the cashiers at the registers. Roy's in Solomons has carry-out as well as drive-thru.

Isn't carry out at fast food the same as drive thru? You go in and order to go the same thing you can get at the drive thru?

mitzi

It is, but if there are 10 cars in line and you go inside to get carry out, you will probably get your food quicker than the 10th car.

I should have thought about that. I don't like to go inside and stand in line.

wubbles

Anyone inside immediately jumps the entire drive-thru line in my experience. Curbside pick-up (at places that have it like McDonalds) jumps the line too.

Goldenhawk

Anyone inside immediately jumps the entire drive-thru line in my experience. Curbside pick-up (at places that have it like McDonalds) jumps the line too.
Depends on the store. For example, at Chick-fil-A, I've found that the drive-thru line gets the fastest attention.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Curbside technically doesn't "jump" the line since they ordered ahead.
Watching them work (from inside) it depends on who is working and how many the drive thru and walk up.
If the walk up is staffed they will probably clear first except for special orders - unless the drive thru peeps grab stuff fast.
Other times the orders are filled as taken.