Obtaining a Permit to Carry a Handgun

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ehrlich can be the biggest baddest proponent of gun rights in the world but unless the legislature passes a law little will or can be done. And with 33 of 47 Senators and 98 of 141 Delegates being Democrats I think any changes along these lines have a snowballs chance in Hell of surviving.

Now what Ehrlich could do is appoint a carry permit friendly Secretary of the State Police and a carry permit friendly Permit Review Board but he still has to get them through with the consent of the Senate.

camily

Peace
calvertcrazy said:
Anyone know if you can simply use "Self Defense" as the reason. My understanding was that you had to show some pretty good justification.
I don't know, but I wouldn't tell them your screen name is "CalvertCrazy". :ohwell:

calvertcrazy

Cletus_Vandam said:
Does your friend own his own business?, is he a doctor or lawyer?

I've never heard the self defense getting issue getting a lot support. Check out the site I mentioned in an earlier reply.

No, but he does have permits in other states(Penn, Virg., etc....) He had the other permits before he got his maryland permit, so that may have helped. Thank you...

fddog

Bow wow
:razz: <<<<<<<<<<<< click me
you can download an application and find out what the qualifications are.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I use to have a break down of all the MD CCW permits issued by race, profession and sex, I'll see if I can find it. But all it will probably do is just get you depressed when you find out how few are issued and what your chances of getting one would be. I think it was for year 2000. I'll look and see if I can find it and post it tonight if I do.

B

Bruzilla

I knew a lot of corrections officers who applied for CCPs due to threats to themselves and their families from inmates, and none of them were approved due to "no documentable threats." This despite the fact that their lives were threatened several times a week.

I got my CCP down here in Florida by filling out an application, getting fingerprinted by the Sheriff's Office ($5 fee), getting a copy of my DD214, and sending all that with a check for $90 to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Three weeks later it was in my hand. No courses, no BS... but what else could you expect from a state department with a commissioner named Charles H Bronson. :yay:

Wetnoodle

The peoples Republic of Maryland has been under liberal control for what 30 yrs Erhlich,has no power for this. BTW yall notice the higher crime rates in citys and sub burbs with the meanest gun laws.Its hilarious,proof gun laws only stop us law abiding citizens from protecting ourself and family.

Pushrod

Patriot
As long as we have a state full of hoblophobes, the gun laws will not change.

People have so lost sight of what the 'Bill of Rights' was about. It specified Restrictions on what the government could do, it did not specify our 'rights'. Our rights are God given and include many that are not inumerated in the 'Bill of Rights'.
Also remember, it IS a 'Bill of Rights', not a 'Bill of Needs'.

The government has no lawful ability to put ANY restrictions on any of our rights, that is what "Shall not Infringe" means.