Occasional downsides to living on a private road.....

glhs837

Power with Control
Arsholes dumping crap.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Set up a wildlife camera up and see if you can catch image of person dropping off. With some help to identify tag and get address, you can return said trash.

Reactions: BOP

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The last time my son took a mattress to the landfill they didn't charge anything. He questioned the attendant and was told they were trying to keep mattresses off the side of the road. Maybe they should advertise.

glhs837

Power with Control
It would haunt me if I did that. Will you have to take to dump or will someone pick it up? Where I live you put out with the trash and they take it away.

Since the road is owned by us five families, its ours to deal with. I was going to hook up the utility trailer and haul them away, but one of the neighbors took them in his pick this morning. Everybody on the road handles our own trash, I make a weekly run to the free transfer station and once every few months for big stuff like this to the landfill where you pay $10

BOP

I took mattresses and box springs to the landfill in Calvert before they set up the new convenience center (so it's been a while). No charge, just stick 'em with the others.