october 25 farmers market horse auction

bnsmith39590

hey guys
i think i saw a add with the farmer markets horse auction on oct 25th??? is this true???? is anyone going???? does anyone know what time it starts???? i am afraid to go so i am leaving my horse trailer at home but i wont be able to help myself. has anyone been before??? how bad is it?? my girl friend rescued a very skinny pregnant pony there. the baby died but the pony ended up being a very nice pony for polo, crazy little thing thats for sure. Talk later

Spicober

I think its like any other horse auction you go to. You have your "crap" but you may also find a diamond in the rough. You just gotta know what you are looking at. We bought a really nice registered appendix there at the last auction....Beautiful mare with all around skills..We also bought a really skinny older-yet very talented grade gelding that has gained about 100 lbs or so since we've had him and needs ALOT more weight. Definitly worth going for the tack :lmao:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
my friend and I went to the auction ther last October with no intention of buying. Needless to say my husband had to hook up the trailer later that day and meet us there to bring our "Jersey" home.
She is a chestnut/bayish welshy/quarterpony/mut cross that we have completely fallen in love :love:with. Come this spring she has carried a mild to extreme case of hives. Seems to be all cosmetic and not an internal issue. The kids here love her and she trail/ring rides and does it all.

What Im getting at is 98% of the time the horses are there for some reason...health or temperment. Mayby now with the economy the way it is there will be more good riding horses there due to feeding and care costs. It seems like there is a rise of horses that just need a good home due to the owner not being able to afford them now.

I think the auctions are going to be loaded with these horses too in the near future, if not now.
This is a pic of Jersey 1 month after the auction

Attachments

• 2008 001.jpg
    2008 001.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 72