Off-farm full lease?

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Not an ad!

Just wondering what some may charge for an off-farm lease? I have someone currently interested in a horse, and was wondering what type of lease prices people usually set for off-farm arrangements. Not to mention, they are a about an hour north of where I'm located so I would not be willing to do a free lease option due to not being able to check in on the horse every so often (nor do I know them). What do you all think? I figure the general consesus will be not to do it, but was I'm just wondering what type of pricing you would charge.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
It depends on how well trained the horses are IMO. I have 3 gorgeous warmbloods that are "green". I am trying to free lease 2 of them to some advanced riders down here in FL because I don't have time to ride them all enough and it would help the pocketbook. The economy is not so good, so as long as I know the riders, the facility is decent, and they take out insurance then that is good enough for me. Any other circumstance and I wouldn't do it probably. Good luck.

Robin

Not an ad!

Just wondering what some may charge for an off-farm lease? I have someone currently interested in a horse, and was wondering what type of lease prices people usually set for off-farm arrangements. Not to mention, they are a about an hour north of where I'm located so I would not be willing to do a free lease option due to not being able to check in on the horse every so often (nor do I know them). What do you all think? I figure the general consesus will be not to do it, but was I'm just wondering what type of pricing you would charge.

A friend of mine found a nice facility and lesson barn and free leased with the agreement of insurance payed by the farm leasing. He has been there for 2 yrs now and everyone is happy.