Off Pump Heart Bypass

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My Mom is scheduled for it next week, after it had to be re-scheduled do to some other problems.
I goggled the off pump verse the on pump and they described it as threading a needle on a rocking boat.
The surgeon better hope he does a perfect job, because there will be 4 sons standing inside the waiting room.

Have any of you forumites have any loved ones or yourself experience the off pump bypass?

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Taking Mom to the hospital tomorrow morning for her surgery.
Please wish us well.

V/r
DW

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Oh, DoWhat, I so hope that the surgery went really well, and that your mom is on her way to bugging the crap out of you again.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thanks all.
A very successful triple bypass.
She is still very sedated and sleeping, so hopefully she will be awake and some what alert in the morning.
REX Hospital in Raleigh, NC is an amazing place.
Awesome staff and the friendliest people I have ever met.

acommondisaster

Glad to hear the news. She's going to feel much better, but it takes awhile to recover fully (I know that sounds confusing, but trust me). Good news. As a bypass survivor when I was 40, I always like to hear about successful outcomes. :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks all. A very successful triple bypass. She is still very sedated and sleeping, so hopefully she will be awake and some what alert in the morning. REX Hospital in Raleigh, NC is an amazing place. Awesome staff and the friendliest people I have ever met.
:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanks all.
She is still very sedated and sleeping, so hopefully she will be awake and some what alert in the morning.

:huggy:

Glad everything went well.

RPMDAD

Thanks all.

So glad to hear that DoWhat

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thanks all.
WOW, what a day does of recovery.
She is now on her feet, moving to her lounge chair and eating solid food.
She is still in ICU, only because there are private room issues.
She should have her own room tomorrow.
She looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Strong young Lady.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Glad to hear the news. She's going to feel much better, but it takes awhile to recover fully (I know that sounds confusing, but trust me). Good news. As a bypass survivor when I was 40, I always like to hear about successful outcomes. :)

Thank you.
And glad to hear that you too are a bypass survivor.
Awesome!!!!

littlelady

God bless the USA
I know how hard it is to lose a parent. I lost my mom in 2007 to Alzheimer's, and my dad to a heart attack in 1998. I wish you the best in your mom's recovery.