Off today! Saturday!

frequentflier

happy to be living
it is 10:30 AM ish on a Saturday morning and I am in the basement in my jammies, with a nice fire going in the woodstove, a cup of coffee, a few cats around enjoying the heat (and hopefully my company!!), a load of jeans in the washer. And I am OFF work today :bann:Though I have most Sundays off, Saturdays are a rarity! I wish there was something fun to do but going to the grocery store and buying a few necessities may have to suffice. Maybe I'll make some soup.
What's everyone else got going on?

I was out early to make a recycle run, got bfast out, did some grocery shopping. But I am dragging my butt today. Doc yelled at me earlier this week. No salt. No sugar. No caffeine (which is why I'm dragging... decaf just doesn't cut it). More exercise. Loose weight.

I've got a freebie for a gym membership, guess it's time. My problem is that I'm a procrastinator and a slug by nature. This is going to be tough.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I was out early to make a recycle run, got bfast out, did some grocery shopping. But I am dragging my butt today. Doc yelled at me earlier this week. No salt. No sugar. No caffeine (which is why I'm dragging... decaf just doesn't cut it). More exercise. Loose weight.

I've got a freebie for a gym membership, guess it's time. My problem is that I'm a procrastinator and a slug by nature. This is going to be tough.
:huggy: The caffeine part would be hard though people have told me it gets easier with time to do without!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We were supposed to have a catamaran lunch cruise but the weather is stupid, so it got canceled. Now I'm loafing around drinking coffee and thinking about going back to bed.

Decaf coffee wouldn't be so bad if it didn't taste flat. They need to work on that.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
So far, I have stripped two out of three beds and put new sheets on them. Collected one bag of trash. Still need to do another bag. Put one load of laundry in the washer. Need to go into the woods to collect some wood for a fire in the fireplace tonight. More loads of laundry to do as well as some house cleaning but with having Monday off, I am taking my time getting stuff done this weekend.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Tomorrow, two young ladies that work with me are coming over for another cooking lesson. I have made and taken in to work the soup Vrai turned me on to (which I think was a recipe from another forumite) with ground beef, cabbage, spicy V-8 and corn (though I prefer red kidney beans) in a crock pot.
Last week, it was goulash. I am the queen of making things from ground beef!

General Lee

it is 10:30 AM ish on a Saturday morning and I am in the basement in my jammies, with a nice fire going in the woodstove, a cup of coffee, a few cats around enjoying the heat (and hopefully my company!!), a load of jeans in the washer. And I am OFF work today :bann:Though I have most Sundays off, Saturdays are a rarity! I wish there was something fun to do but going to the grocery store and buying a few necessities may have to suffice. Maybe I'll make some soup.
What's everyone else got going on?
Its a beautiful thing isn't it?

frequentflier

happy to be living
So far, I have stripped two out of three beds and put new sheets on them. Collected one bag of trash. Still need to do another bag. Put one load of laundry in the washer. Need to go into the woods to collect some wood for a fire in the fireplace tonight. More loads of laundry to do as well as some house cleaning but with having Monday off, I am taking my time getting stuff done this weekend.
That's right -Monday is a holiday. I am also off on Mondays so I am going to thoroughly enjoy three days off in a row even if I don't accomplish a lot! I cannot wait to retire.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That's right -Monday is a holiday. I am also off on Mondays so I am going to thoroughly enjoy three days off in a row even if I don't accomplish a lot! I cannot wait to retire.
Also cleaned out my hair from the tub drain. Worst job ever! I would scrub toilets over trying to dig out hair from the drain!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tomorrow, two young ladies that work with me are coming over for another cooking lesson. I have made and taken in to work the soup Vrai turned me on to (which I think was a recipe from another forumite) with ground beef, cabbage, spicy V-8 and corn (though I prefer red kidney beans) in a crock pot.

Nope, that's my childhood favorite. :diva:

And since you mention it, that sounds really good. I might need to make it today or tomorrow.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I didn't know that - what are we celebrating now. I'm back in my jammies taking down Christmas stuff then I'm going to go buy some things I'll never cook. Snow melt over your way yet?
Smow is melting but it is raining or maybe even sleeting here. I have to give my friend (with the horse) a ride to pick up her car and then go to the grocery store. I am thinking eggplant parmesan...if they have any decent eggplant. It's a lot to ask for this time of year!

.if they have any decent eggplant.
I hate going thru the process of prepping an eggplant for that, so I've been buying them breaded frozen. Quick dip in a pan of oil and they brown up nicely, taste pretty good too.

The chili sounded good, so just started a crock pot. In keeping with the doc's orders, using low salt seasoning (it has to have SOME or it's just not palatable) and ground turkey instead of beef. I usually make it with turkey anyway, and actually prefer that to beef.

ginwoman

Would it help to just cut back on things rather than try to do a cold turkey?

Bonehead

Also cleaned out my hair from the tub drain. Worst job ever! I would scrub toilets over trying to dig out hair from the drain!!

There is this video on facebook of a Mom laughing while in the background a boy and his Dad are doing just that. The boy and Dad both gag loudly and repeatedly while the Mom is crying she is laughing so hard. It is hilarious !

Would it help to just cut back on things rather than try to do a cold turkey?
The diet thing I can handle. I've been on a (mostly) sugar free diet for a year or two. I've been cutting back on the salt anyway. Caffeine might be a bit harder. Getting into an exersize routine will be the tough part.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hate going thru the process of prepping an eggplant for that, so I've been buying them breaded frozen. Quick dip in a pan of oil and they brown up nicely, taste pretty good too.

The chili sounded good, so just started a crock pot. In keeping with the doc's orders, using low salt seasoning (it has to have SOME or it's just not palatable) and ground turkey instead of beef. I usually make it with turkey anyway, and actually prefer that to beef.
I found two small decent eggplant and got home to discover I did not have a lot of olive oil. :( I tried baking them in the oven once and it just didn't have the flavor of breaded and fried. So the sauce is on the stove. One eggplant had been prepared and the other will just have to wait! I will assemble after awhile and let it meld in the fridge until dinner time. My friend is joining me for dinner and wine since her husband is also away on travel.