Officer Gets 4 Years In Prison For Sex With Inmates

rack'm

Jaded
It reminds me of Robin Williams……”if you commit sodomy they send you to jail where you are sodomized”. :killingme :killingme

Steve

Enjoying life!
itsbob said:
Now he can have all the sex with inmates he wants... or even doesn't want...
This story doesn't make sense. Why would he be sent to jail instead of just being fired? The prosecutor says the case wasn't about the consensual sex. If he abused his authority, then I would think that that is grounds for dismissal.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Steve said:
This story doesn't make sense. Why would he be sent to jail instead of just being fired? The prosecutor says the case wasn't about the consensual sex. If he abused his authority, then I would think that that is grounds for dismissal.
That part got me too.. if it was consensual, and with a woman detainee they would have just fired him.. HOMOPHOBE for a judge.

Steve

Enjoying life!
rack'm said:
It's all about "Abuse of power"
That's the best I can come up with, too. I guess NJ law is that anyone in an "official" position can receive jail time for abuse of their authority. Kinda strange though that this was elevated to "abuse of authority" level. Bob's right, probably a homophobe judge.

rack'm

Jaded
Steve said:
That's the best I can come up with, too. I guess NJ law is that anyone in an "official" position can receive jail time for abuse of their authority. Kinda strange though that this was elevated to "abuse of authority" level. Bob's right, probably a homophobe judge.

As you read, the lawyer tried to bring that up and it was shot down........it'll be interesting to see what happens during the appeals.

Steve

Enjoying life!
rack'm said:
As you read, the lawyer tried to bring that up and it was shot down........it'll be interesting to see what happens during the appeals.
Based on what's in the article, it should get reduced to probation eventually. Maybe the real problem was that it was consensual. If the guard had just raped them, he never would have been charged. :lol:

B

Bruzilla

Sort of reminds me of those Army instructors who got busted at Aberdeen for having consenting sex with their students. They were charged because the theory was that there could be no consensual sex between an instructor and a student because the instructor has too much influence over the student. This was a fine argument for the Democrats to make, but it kinda went out the window a year or two later when our Commander-in-Chief got caught having consensual sex with an intern. Now who has more influence over a White House intern than the President?

Steve

Enjoying life!
Bruzilla said:
Sort of reminds me of those Army instructors who got busted at Aberdeen for having consenting sex with their students. They were charged because the theory was that there could be no consensual sex between an instructor and a student because the instructor has too much influence over the student. This was a fine argument for the Democrats to make, but it kinda went out the window a year or two later when our Commander-in-Chief got caught having consensual sex with an intern. Now who has more influence over a White House intern than the President?
It could be that the prisoners were viewed as perhaps being unduly coerced simply by the fact that the guard has power over them due to his position, and that this may have swayed their decision to agree to sex with him.

Or they all were just horny bastards. :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bruzilla said:
yeah, but the Army instructors lost their pay, all of their rank, were kicked out of the Army.. and not sure, but I thought they did some jail time too. whereas Clinton, their BOSS.. got zilch..

Pete

Repete
Bruzilla said:
Actually it is "fraternization". Since it is a regulation if you violate it, you are prosecuted for "violating a lawful order" and not the actual act of humping.