Officer released on bond

Louise

This is what was discussed in another thread. This guy was only on the force 4 days and the POS with the knee was his training officer.

Yep. You must have watched the same informative video that we did before it was taken down. The whole thing was staged. No bigly surprise. George might still be alive. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

mitzi

Yep. You must have watched the same informative video that we did before it was taken down. The whole thing was staged. No bigly surprise. George might still be alive. God bless the USA.

You seriously believe this? I'm simply asking, not arguing.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I saw this on the news last night. Guy looks too old to be a rookie. After 25 years of working at a PD, I've seen a lot of rookies. Not saying he wasn't one of the few that decided at an older age to become a cop but most rookies are early 20's. Might have just gotten a little grey earlier in life that makes him look older.

Regardless, I am not surprised he got out as well as the other newbie cop. Haven't heard if he got cut loose though. The cop who did the actual kneeing will fry. The Courts will have no choice but to make an example out of him. The Asian cop will get some time but not a whole lot.

Rommey

I saw this on the news last night. Guy looks too old to be a rookie. After 25 years of working at a PD, I've seen a lot of rookies. Not saying he wasn't one of the few that decided at an older age to become a cop but most rookies are early 20's. Might have just gotten a little grey earlier in life that makes him look older.

Regardless, I am not surprised he got out as well as the other newbie cop. Haven't heard if he got cut loose though. The cop who did the actual kneeing will fry. The Courts will have no choice but to make an example out of him. The Asian cop will get some time but not a whole lot.
The guy was 37 years old, and it was his 4th day on the job with Minneapolis PD, but it doesn't say he was a rookie. Maybe that's intentional to frame the narrative that he had little experience, but I'm guessing he was a cop somewhere else before Minneapolis.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

I still say you cannot hold a 4 day rookie responsible because he didn't stop the other cop from what he was doing.
It was wrong to fire this guy, but in reality they probably did him a favor.
Who would want to work for a city filled with criminal rioting *******s anyway.

Chris0nllyn

The guy was 37 years old, and it was his 4th day on the job with Minneapolis PD, but it doesn't say he was a rookie. Maybe that's intentional to frame the narrative that he had little experience, but I'm guessing he was a cop somewhere else before Minneapolis.

Sounds plausible, but makes his lawyer's argument a moot one.

Gray described how Lane held down Floyd's legs so he wouldn't kick and twice asked Chauvin, his training officer, if they should turn Floyd over.
"What is my client supposed to do but follow what the training officer said?" Gray asked.
"He did everything he was supposed to do as a police officer," Gray insisted. "What was he supposed to do, let go of his feet and go grab Chauvin and shove him off?"
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...ZP1f0vZSruuZWy_Xrf0uElLpB1KwHWHMXyq9_XOyjlr4s

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I still say you cannot hold a 4 day rookie responsible because he didn't stop the other cop from what he was doing.

Common fuking sense ...... push back and stand the hell up and say something ... Human Decency

"He did everything he was supposed to do as a police officer," Gray insisted. "What was he supposed to do, let go of his feet and go grab Chauvin and shove him off?"

at some point you pull your head out of your ass and realize something isn't right

Hijinx

Common fuking sense ...... push back and stand the hell up and say something ... Human Decency

at some point you pull your head out of your ass and realize something isn't right

You have a right to your opinion , It's easy to say , harder to do.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I agree but normally if the person was a cop elsewhere, the number of days at the current place isn't pointed out. Unless like you said they want to make it seem like he was totally green.

officeguy

Never served in the military, according to his personnel file released by the MPD - http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/groups/public/@mpd/documents/webcontent/wcmsp-224779.pdf

Finished up college in 2016 and worlked in juvenile corrections for Hennepin and Ramsey county since. He knew that you can kill a delirious guy by holding him down that way.

Welcome to big-city PD. At least he got the political firing after 4 days, not after 21 years of service.

He'lll get his job with back pay or a payout after all the dust settles.