Officer Wilson To Resign From Ferguson PD

Hijinx

I personally think he should be given some sort of retirement. He did his job and he should be compensated for it. He isn't leaving due to negative preformance, he's leaving for the safety of his other officers.

Not sure he didn't get a deal from the force.

But you are right he should be compensated.
He did his job and got screwed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Not sure he didn't get a deal from the force.

But you are right he should be compensated.
He did his job and got screwed.

It would be difficult for Ferguson to continue paying him a pension. Number 1, there will be lawsuits and torts out the ying yang to be defended and possibly paid out. Number 2, come the next elections when the blacks elect only blacks to city government they'll discontinue any pension payments to Wilson. Number 3, Wilson needs to get his book deal completed and a movie in production before the interest in all this dies down.

abcxyz

If I had a few million bucks I'd make my way out of that sheet hole too...

GoFundMe was at $200K+ when it was shut down, another one by a Police Association had $200K+ in it, reported $500K+ from ABC for the interview, "I am Darren Wilson" shirt sales person gave him all the profits and so on.

Sign on with a few "news" (I use the term lightly) joints to be an expert the next time this comes up and live the good life in retirement. Marked man? LOL- the sheeple will be on to some thing else in a few months and he'll be good to go.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I heard on the local news this morning that he had about half a mil in donations to help him out, and that his wife refused, even under pressure, to resign from her job with the Ferguson PD.

Hijinx

I heard on the local news this morning that he had about half a mil in donations to help him out, and that his wife refused, even under pressure, to resign from her job with the Ferguson PD.

If I were a Police Officer in Ferguson, I would be looking for another job.
I wouldn't want to work for a force that does not stand behind me when I need them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know why anyone becomes or stays a cop these days. The paycheck for what you have to do and what could potentially happen to you on any given day isn't nearly enough.

Any cop in the US could become Darren Wilson.

Hijinx

I don't know why anyone becomes or stays a cop these days. The paycheck for what you have to do and what could potentially happen to you on any given day isn't nearly enough.

In seconds.

Chris0nllyn

To help their community.

Pay isn't all bad. B-More county officers make $48,000/year. Goes up to $63,000 after 5 years, $74,000 after 11 years, $84,000 after 17 years, and $95,000 after 24 years. Not counting the overtime.

Factor in, benefits like medical, dental, vision care, 25 year retirements, tuition reimbursement, take home cars, equipment reimbursement, etc. and it's not all bad.

There's about 900,000 sworn officers in the US (the most, ever), and last year, 76 were killed (46 in car accidents) and 49,851 assaulted (29% of those resulting in injury). While many people like to point out how statistically unlikely it is to run into a bad cop, it's only worth it to do the same regarding the likelihood that they are injured or killed on the job.

Unfortunately, there's no record keeping measures for determining police shootings.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
He says he has me on ignore. But this video should definitely bring him out from under his rock.