Oh great...thanks post office

GregV814

One of our neighbors commented she haven't gotten a SMECO bill recently. She called SMECO and they verified she was "late" but it was waived because others had balances...
Well, we haven't gotten a recent bill, so, we too were "late"...First time since buying the house in 1988. A quick call to SMECO was made. The bill was paid with a credit card. The guy couldn't have been more polite or understanding. He said many many folks were in the same boat.
So, is it the Post Office's delay with so much mail for Christmas OR is SMECO pushing direct online payment?

PeoplesElbow

I was thinking about making the same post except it was METCOM, I just got my December bill, 2 days after I got my Janurary bill.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Every time I log in to pay my bill online they float an offer to eliminate paper billing.
I pass.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I got a late notice for Metcom in the January bill, never got the December bill and I missed payment. Returned payment for 2 months right away. 2 days later I got the December bill.

On the top of the late bill it said I was delinquent, but there were no charges incurred.

I've been getting Christmas cards mailed well before the holidays, and some things that I expected haven't come yet. My January check to a provider also hasn't arrived yet (mailed 12/29). So...definitely a USPS thing.

TPD

the poor dad
I have 6 different accounts with SMECO - I only received a bill for one of those accounts in December. I called SMECO the 1st week of January. They acknowledged that a batch of bills that went out around Dec 12th had delivery issues caused by the post office. I asked them to mail a copy of those 5 bills to me. I received 3 of the 5 on Friday, all due Jan 7th. Still don't know where the other 2 are.

But on a positive note - SMECO was able to get a copy of my winter energy usage report compared to my neighbors. But the strange thing is, the report was dated Dec 9th 2020 showing the kWh usage from Dec 16th 2019 to Mar 14th 2020. I really don't need to know this info and I don't give a crap how I compare to my neighbors. Which is Great btw - I'm lower than my average and efficient neighbors! But hey SMECO, stop wasting my money on these stupid shaming reports and just get my bill mailed to me on time!!!!

limblips

PREMO Member
I never got my September Real Estate tax bill. Last week I got a past due notice with over $90.00 of additional fees and interest. I have the money because I made my own escrow savings account. I called and was told they sent the bill in August. They did waive the fees. Wife still does not have a large envelope the youngest kid sent the first week of December.

Maybe the USPS was overwhelmed by illegal mail in ballots and haven't caught up yet. Or they are trying to make a point for a huge rate increase from Biden and Co.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
They could ease the burden by 80% by not sending all the crap mailings, ads and flyers. All of that goes right to recycle anyway.

And yes, 84.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

BOP

One of our neighbors commented she haven't gotten a SMECO bill recently. She called SMECO and they verified she was "late" but it was waived because others had balances...
Well, we haven't gotten a recent bill, so, we too were "late"...First time since buying the house in 1988. A quick call to SMECO was made. The bill was paid with a credit card. The guy couldn't have been more polite or understanding. He said many many folks were in the same boat.
So, is it the Post Office's delay with so much mail for Christmas OR is SMECO pushing direct online payment?
I think it's now their policy...probably to leverage the USG into providing them pallets of cash.

I had a 1st class envelope take over 2 weeks, starting in November, to get to St. Petersburg, FL. I've been there a couple of times; I could have driven there, dropped off the letter, stayed for more than a week, and still would have been home before the letter actually arrived.

I ordered something the Monday after Christmas. Amazon had it to me on Wednesday. Of the same week.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Still haven't seen the first carburetor that I ordered from NJ in the beginning of December. I paid for first class shipping. Tracking says it was received by the local distro center and has shipped. I received the 2nd one about 2 weeks after contacting the eBay seller.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not USPS, but I placed an online order with Wal-Mart yesterday about 3pm. Part of my order was delivered at 630pm.

luvmygdaughters

Checked the IRS website because my husband has not received his $600.00 check. The website shows it was mailed 01/06/2021, have not seen it yet. The $1200.00 sent earlier was direct deposited, not sure why they are mailing a paper check now. Not sure how to handle this, calling the IRS is a PIA.

Reactions: BOP

snowygirl

Checked the IRS website because my husband has not received his $600.00 check. The website shows it was mailed 01/06/2021, have not seen it yet. The $1200.00 sent earlier was direct deposited, not sure why they are mailing a paper check now. Not sure how to handle this, calling the IRS is a PIA.
My son is having the same situation. They said they mailed it on the 6th but he hasn’t received it.

luvmygdaughters

My son is having the same situation. They said they mailed it on the 6th but he hasn’t received it.
I did a little research, it seems all the paper checks should've been mailed by the 15th of January, which was Friday. We'll give it a couple of days, because I'm sure the government wouldn't lie to us:rolleyes::sarcasm: