Oh great...thanks post office

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got my SMECO bill, never got last months, so I'm a month behind on payment.

Thinking about going auto-pay (as opposed to just paying online), but I really like the opportunity to see the bill and review it before it gets paid.

UglyBear

Just got my SMECO bill, never got last months, so I'm a month behind on payment.

Thinking about going auto-pay (as opposed to just paying online), but I really like the opportunity to see the bill and review it before it gets paid.
Same. Got two bills a day apart, yesterday and Wed. Don’t trust autopay.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I don't trust autopay. SMECO sends out a billing notification via email the day it was issued and I have plenty of time to review it before it is due. I sign in to my online account when I am ready to pay, make a few clicks, and it's paid. Easy peasy and no mailing time lag in either direction.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
WTF!!! The package is going backwards now. The clerk at my PO confirmed yesterday that the container/hamper that the package is in was indeed at the SoMD Distribution Center. Now it appears it has done back to the main DC Network Distribution Center.

Jan 22, 7:25 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Jan 20
In Transit to Next Facility

Jan 16, 11:01 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
SOUTHERN MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Dec 21, 1:13 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS,MD 20747

Dec 20, 4:19 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
WARRENDALE PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 20, 1:30 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
WARRENDALE PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 19, 10:01 am
Departed Post Office
FAIRMONT,WV 26554

Dec 19, 9:19 am
USPS in possession of item
FAIRMONT,WV 26554
:lmao:...got the same tracking info on an item I've been waiting on. Sat in the Southern MD Distribution Facility until they decided to bounce it back to DC. What a clusterfawk..

ontheriver

The priority mail I sent to my sister on 12/8 finally arrived on Jan 2. I tracked it for a week, never moved, fell off the earth, then magically appeared on 12/29 in Florida. There were gift cards inside, so I'm shocked she got it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ok. Just got a vehicle renewal via email. Says that I should get my new registration in 7-10 days.

Any bets?

Answer: Longer than expected. Can't even get into the MVA renewal site....:lol: I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Finally got my Christmas card from brother yesterday! Mailed on 12/17. I also got some Smart Wool no show hiking socks that I ordered from AMAZON in December. I'd forgotten that I ordered those. :lol:

BOP

Checked the IRS website because my husband has not received his $600.00 check. The website shows it was mailed 01/06/2021, have not seen it yet. The $1200.00 sent earlier was direct deposited, not sure why they are mailing a paper check now. Not sure how to handle this, calling the IRS is a PIA.
I guess I should check the website. I've only ever got one credit card (which I still think was a scam) for $395.00

lucky_bee

RBF expert
WTF!!! The package is going backwards now. The clerk at my PO confirmed yesterday that the container/hamper that the package is in was indeed at the SoMD Distribution Center. Now it appears it has done back to the main DC Network Distribution Center.
same. Had a package ship out from Houston Dec 09. Stopped tracking Dec 11 and just said some pending bullshit about it coming late. Filed a claim January 04 and it "magically" showed up in tracking that night saying it was at the SOUTHERN MD Distro Center. Next morning is was bounced back to the DC Distro Center 🤔 stayed there for 2 days and then randomly showed up at my door step with no updates or warning :lol: wild.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Surprise, surprise, surprise! After going back to to the DC Network Distribution Center yesterday, I got a notice late this morning that it was out for delivery. Sure enough, it was in the mailbox this afternoon. It only took 35 days.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Surprise, surprise, surprise! After going back to to the DC Network Distribution Center yesterday, I got a notice late this morning that it was out for delivery. Sure enough, it was in the mailbox this afternoon. It only took 35 days.
A package shipped 4 January using 2-day express shipping arrived yesterday. Smokin’ !

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yup. I don't know how anyone could be late with a utility payment because they didn't get a bill in the mail. I mean you know something's got to be due right? And it's pretty much ALWAYS due the same day every month.
We pay most bills by check...need the bill to mail with the check. Not in the habit of randomly sending out just checks, hoping the recipient can figure out what to do with it.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
All the hard-working employees are retiring. :bann:

Christmas a few years ago, I would go in at midnight, work Amazon until 3am, home, back to work at 930, work full out until 7, home, back at midnight, for 2 weeks. 6 days a week.

I can't even imagine what was happening this year.

Maybe the PO should hire a few people.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I have a budget set up, and so I have a certain amount of money set up that will be paid out in utilities. The autopay is just very convenient and I know what days the money comes out. (I get notifications)

When I review my budget, I adjust the totals up or down depending on the months in the year. I don't really look at all the kilowatt numbers and that kind of thing. Certain months they go up and certain months, they're lower. We just use what we use.

Of course, if it went up extraordinarily, I would call them, but otherwise, I don't bother.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My apologies then. The set-up they have on SMECO to pay your bill is crazy simple BUT I can understand why someone wouldn't want checking account information on the internet. Mea culpa.
I don't pay the bills... ;-) But that aside, she's slowly converting various accounts over to electronic pay. :yay:

Reactions: BOP

Katt

This is why I get my bills online in my email and have for several years.
I like the paper trail of paper bills. Plus, I've had cancer and it makes me think of what if something happens to me and all of the sudden, my husband has to pay the bills. He's not a computer guy, so paper bills are his way. Besides, I'm not printing all those out using my ink up. They make enough from us to mail us the bills. Sorry the postal service can't keep up for some reason.

mitzi

I like the paper trail of paper bills. Plus, I've had cancer and it makes me think of what if something happens to me and all of the sudden, my husband has to pay the bills. He's not a computer guy, so paper bills are his way. Besides, I'm not printing all those out using my ink up. They make enough from us to mail us the bills. Sorry the postal service can't keep up for some reason.

I don't want all the paper. Plus with the email glaring at me I don't forget to pay. I have a folder in my email for my receipts should I ever need one. I live alone so it works for me. The final straw for me with the mail was MVA said they sent me a letter for whatever the form is to prove you have insurance. Months later I did receive a letter from MVA stating they had suspended my tags for non compliance. I had been chosen randomly to provide the form. Three months later I received a letter that they had been suspended my tags for non compliance of providing the form. I was driving around for 3 months on suspended tags and had no clue. I had a hefty fine too. Once I got the form filed out by my insurance showing I was covered (an entire day off work sitting at MVA), the fine was dropped and the suspension lifted. After that nightmare I want my bills to come in an email attachment. I'm done with the Post Office.