Oh great...thanks post office

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was late getting a car in for emissions by about a month. Went to the place in PFred fully expecting to pay a late fee and the guy doing the test said no, they were waived due to COVID.
I've come to learn that sometimes it's whoever you get waiting on you on any given day and what kind of mood they are in. I had a fiasco with DMV trying to get a title to a vehicle in my name after my fiancé passed and went rounds with DMV at a couple locations. I went to Loveville one day with paperwork in hand and happened to get two clerks who were willing to listen, review my paperwork, then make it happen. Makes you wonder how come the other DMV locations couldn't do that?

That ^ kind of crap is why I stopped using the DMV for any title or registration work decades ago. I take it to Marilyn at Fast Stop Title and "poof"..done.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The last 3 things I have gotten off Amazon and a car site all said delivery in 10-14 days via USPS, got all 3 deliveries within 5 days. Chewy orders always get here in 2-3 days. Got an Emissions notice on one of my cars 7 days after the due date, Emissions folks didn't care, still charged me the late fee, complained to MVA, they didn't care either.
Don't know why they would. Since we are still under an "emergency" they aren't supposed to.

mitzi

It's a miracle. My package was shipped on Tuesday and arrived today. I think I'm going to faint :drama:

PeoplesElbow

I just got invited to do a survey on the US postal service by the VP of customer experience.

I just spent $100 on a locking box because the PO can't figure out how to hold my mail after I fill out one of those yellow hold my mail cards.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just got invited to do a survey on the US postal service by the VP of customer experience.

I just spent $100 on a locking box because the PO can't figure out how to hold my mail after I fill out one of those yellow hold my mail cards.
Mommy Dearest was worried about her prescriptions being stolen. I don't know what type of box you bought, but the Gibraltar locking box that she has requires a little effort to get the mail in over the door. Nine times out of 10, the majority of the mail is accessible without unlocking it. It sits on the ledge on the inside/top of the door.

PeoplesElbow

Mommy Dearest was worried about her prescriptions being stolen. I don't know what type of box you bought, but the Gibraltar locking box that she has requires a little effort to get the mail in over the door. Nine times out of 10, the majority of the mail is accessible without unlocking it. It sits on the ledge on the inside/top of the door.

View attachment 156192
Here is what I got, it doesnt have that issue. It is actually pretty nice.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A friend received a birthday card on 4/12/2021 that was postmarked 12/7/2020. It was mailed from Louisiana to Solomons. Where it had been in the meantime is anyone's guess. :sshrug:

TPD

the poor dad
I'm starting to think this post office screw up is part of the bigger plan to get everyone to receive everything via email/digital format in order for the government to control us more. It will make it easier for the government to see everything we are communicating, then subpoena the tech companies for those emails to use against us. And if they don't like what we are passing back and forth, a flip of the switch will turn our communications off.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm starting to think this post office screw up is part of the bigger plan to get everyone to receive everything via email/digital format in order for the government to control us more. It will make it easier for the government to see everything we are communicating, then subpoena the tech companies for those emails to use against us. And if they don't like what we are passing back and forth, a flip of the switch will turn our communications off.
Not sure if that's the reason, might be... But there is def something going on at a high level. This is by design and for a reason.

Reactions: TPD

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I should've known better than to upgrade my USPS shipping from 1st class to 3-day priority and gone with UPS. I went to use my router and a bearing seized. The closest place to get it was Florida. A $8 bearing is already costing me $16. UPS would've tripled the cost. Hopefully I'll see it by the weekend.

Grumpy

I should've known better than to upgrade my USPS shipping from 1st class to 3-day priority and gone with UPS. I went to use my router and a bearing seized. The closest place to get it was Florida. A $8 bearing is already costing me $16. UPS would've tripled the cost. Hopefully I'll see it by the weekend.
Wife was mailing something to Florida, a letter...overnight it was $50 by UPS

PeoplesElbow

Is it slowing down your wifi?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I paid the few bucks extra for a FedEx delivery by next Tuesday. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wife was mailing something to Florida, a letter...overnight it was $50 by UPS
I feel stupid enough as it is at $16. I bought the router at the thrift store in Leonardtown for $5 a few years ago. I found a locally sourced bearing (next day) for $32. I just couldn't bring myself to lay out the $$. It's kind of like a few cars I've owned. If I filled the tank, I doubled the resale value. :yay: