Oh, she was so close....she had $420 out of the $450 needed.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Danzig, I think you have valid concerns about having low-income housing next to Cedar Cove.

But I don't understand why some people assume that all poor people are crack whores. When I was fresh out of college, I was earning $16,000 a year and living in a $425-a-month apartment in St. Mary's. Not dirt-poor, but no assets either. I know what it's like to be one paycheck away from true poverty. I never ended up selling drugs or stealing to stay afloat.

Danzig

Originally posted by Tonio
Danzig, I think you have valid concerns about having low-income housing next to Cedar Cove.

But I don't understand why some people assume that all poor people are crack whores.

Actually I think you may be missing my point. I think it is kinda funny hearing all the people here b!tching and crying about the section 8 housing being too close to their homes. Up until 3 years ago I was living in apartments that unknown to myself was a mix of sec. 8 and regular tenets. When we moved in the 6 years previous the landlord would run police checks and background checks on all applicants. When we moved out I found out that we were the last people paying full rent, the rest were all sec. 8.However, I would like to see the state do more to keep these places from getting run down, and WTF is a Lincoln Navigator doing parked at one of these places 7 days a week. If you can buy a car like that or one of the many others I see in these places you don’t need to be living there. If they aint using yo babies daddies income as part of the household income he shouldn’t be living there either.

Elle

Happy Camper!
9 children already and she was out selling her body for money. Wonder how she got in this predicament to begin with.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Originally posted by Tonio

But I don't understand why some people assume that all poor people are crack whores. When I was fresh out of college, I was earning $16,000 a year and living in a $425-a-month apartment in St. Mary's. Not dirt-poor, but no assets either. I know what it's like to be one paycheck away from true poverty. I never ended up selling drugs or stealing to stay afloat.

College = potential

9 children = free ride