Oh the Irony is funny

officeguy

This story is all over the new here about one of the Deputy Sheriff's getting a DUI and causing an accident.

He is the elected sheriff, at least for now.

Still milking the county for his pension money until the day the governor removes him from office.

officeguy

Are you talking about his salary? If he has a pension, he earned that. Nobody can take it away.

By staying in office he is still accruing time in the counties pension system. Injuring someone while drunk in a hit&run accident is something incompatible with remaining the sheriff. By remaining on county payroll until the governor removes him, he is taking away money from others in the same pension plan who earn their money in an honest way. I am not advocating for taking away whatever pension he has earned in 20 years of good service to the county, I am against him drawing any further pension years now that he should leave.

He is probably hoping that the entire original arrest and all the evidence gets tossed over a formality. In SC, only the county coroner can arrest the county sheriff. He was arrested by a City of Hanahan officer. If he manages to get the arrest tossed, it is like the whole thing never happened.

I have family there. Ironically I have met him socially before.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
By staying in office he is still accruing time in the counties pension system. Injuring someone while drunk in a hit&run accident is something incompatible with remaining the sheriff. By remaining on county payroll until the governor removes him, he is taking away money from others in the same pension plan who earn their money in an honest way. I am not advocating for taking away whatever pension he has earned in 20 years of good service to the county, I am against him drawing any further pension years now that he should leave.

He is probably hoping that the entire original arrest and all the evidence gets tossed over a formality. In SC, only the county coroner can arrest the county sheriff. He was arrested by a City of Hanahan officer. If he manages to get the arrest tossed, it is like the whole thing never happened.

I have family there. Ironically I have met him socially before.

It was a state trooper that arrested him. The county coroner was like WHAT? He probably will get it thrown out and if he does it again and kills someone I hope book is thrown at him. I am sure the guy that he did the hit and run to will sue the crap out of the county since it was a county vehicle.