Oil Change

R

Rienell

New to MD. Where in the world does one get an oil change around here (Prince Frederick)? There's no Jiffy Lube, or Time-It Lube around these parts. Couldn't find squat in the local phone book.
Not doing it myself either.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
Did you try the Valvoline Oil Change place (across from Fox Run). Hilltop Motors on Chaneyville Road is an excellent place also.

nobody really

I need a nap
New to MD. Where in the world does one get an oil change around here (Prince Frederick)? There's no Jiffy Lube, or Time-It Lube around these parts. Couldn't find squat in the local phone book.
Not doing it myself either.

Tucker's sunoco in Chesapeake Beach. Very honest - i own a lexus suv, and they charged me $26.95 for an oil change. And my back light was out - they charged me all of $3.50 to replace it!

OldHillcrestGuy

Watch out for Mr.Tire, they'll give your car a inspection and come back and say for $500 we can fix this problem and this problem so on and so on.
At least thats what Ive found from the one in Mechcanicsville.
They give you the low cost oil change but try to make their money on the expensive repairs they say are needed.

R

Rienell

Funny. I just noticed them on the way home from the Penn Auto store. My hubby finally got tired of me worrying over it and did it himself. Put some of that Amzoil stuff in there that's supposed to cut your oil changes down and make your car run better. So far, I don't notice any difference though.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Funny. I just noticed them on the way home from the Penn Auto store. My hubby finally got tired of me worrying over it and did it himself. Put some of that Amzoil stuff in there that's supposed to cut your oil changes down and make your car run better. So far, I don't notice any difference though.

Amsoil and synthetic are OK, (mercedes oil changes were at 50,000 miles on synthetic) but you still have to change your filter every 3 - 6000 miles.. SO you need an adaptor installed that will let you change your filter without draining all the oil at the same time.

Amsoil isn't supposed to reduce your oil changes, supposedly you can eliminate them, Amsoil advertises NO oil changes EVER, just top off with new when you check your level but you still have to figure out how to do the filter every 6k miles or so..

I'm surprised the environmentalists aren't all over this. Imagine the savings and the reduction of impact on the environment if there was NO used oil out there.. just used oil filters.

I run Mobil 1 in both trucks and the bike and change oil every 10K, mostly because of the filters, if I had the adaptors installed for the filters I think I'd stretch it to 25k..

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
I have never seen a claim by AMSOIL that you never need to change it, but I have seen that you can double the manufacturers suggested oil change interval.

Amsoil and synthetic are OK, (mercedes oil changes were at 50,000 miles on synthetic) but you still have to change your filter every 3 - 6000 miles.. SO you need an adaptor installed that will let you change your filter without draining all the oil at the same time.

Amsoil isn't supposed to reduce your oil changes, supposedly you can eliminate them, Amsoil advertises NO oil changes EVER, just top off with new when you check your level but you still have to figure out how to do the filter every 6k miles or so..

I'm surprised the environmentalists aren't all over this. Imagine the savings and the reduction of impact on the environment if there was NO used oil out there.. just used oil filters.

I run Mobil 1 in both trucks and the bike and change oil every 10K, mostly because of the filters, if I had the adaptors installed for the filters I think I'd stretch it to 25k..

I don't know how your vehicles are constructed, but my oil is in the oil pan when not running. The only oil I would lose would be in the filter itself.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have never seen a claim by AMSOIL that you never need to change it, but I have seen that you can double the manufacturers suggested oil change interval.

the synthetic in Mercedes was nothing special.. and 50,000 miles is a lot more than double..

It's a shame you can't take an oil sample in to see when it NEEDS to be changed.. we'd save a LOT of oil, and a LOT of money, and save from having to dispose of the used oil, AND help the environment.. if we can see when the oil has lost its lubricating properties enough to warrant changing it.

From the AMSOIL site.. lot more then DOUBLE the norm:

The only 25,000 mile/one- year and 35,000/one- year motor oil in the world.

Last edited:
R

Rienell

That's what the dude at Penn Auto said. You just change the filter and add a quart every 6000 miles, and then change it at 50k.