Oil Change

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Hello, Is this Pedro's Helicopter Maintenance Service? Man, If you m*f*'s forgot to put new oil in my chopper, I'ma choke you worse than a 19 year old Colorado girl!

Escalade14

Go Rams!
Somewhat unrelated, but at the same time I couldn't resist:

If a jar of peanut butter needs an oil change, just take it to JIF-fy Lube

gemma_rae

Actually he was an accused rapist, since she decided she'd rather have the money than take it to court we'll never know.

Wikipedia says she was getting death threats because some A-hole DJ gave her name out on the air and suggested Kobe's fans "get her". Kobe himself admitted to the PoPo he had intercourse with her and made the bruises on her neck. When the PoPo asked why, he said "I have strong hands, Choking is my thing". He issued her an apology, but didn't admit criminal intent.

The monetary amount was not disclosed but a good portion went to her medical and legal expenses.

So, in my own words: Hanging is too good for the M*Phucker, he got off lucky. Sorry for the others, especially his daughter.

WheezyCarl

All that aside, I don't understand how people can get so upset and "mourn" over the loss of a person they never knew.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
Then that makes him a customer...
And her, a whore...
Gee that's awfully harsh. I remember when this incident happened. She was very young and naive - practically a kid. How the hell could she have taken on Kobe and his followers? If you haven't had the "pleasure" of experiencing litigation, I can tell you it's unpleasant and unfair, and generally the side with the most money wins. If I had been this young lady's father I would have advised her to do what she did - settle out of court and get what she could out of it. Trying to fight a battle against such a wealthy and very popular opponent is an impossible task. Justice only prevails if you have lots of money.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Gee that's awfully harsh. I remember when this incident happened. She was very young and naive - practically a kid. How the hell could she have taken on Kobe and his followers? If you haven't had the "pleasure" of experiencing litigation, I can tell you it's unpleasant and unfair, and generally the side with the most money wins. If I had been this young lady's father I would have advised her to do what she did - settle out of court and get what she could out of it. Trying to fight a battle against such a wealthy and very popular opponent is an impossible task. Justice only prevails if you have lots of money.
This would have been an actual crime,not a civil matter. The litigants would have been State of Colorado v. Bryant.

CPUSA

If I had been this young lady's father I would have advised her to do what she did - settle out of court and get what she could out of it.
That would make you, your daughter's pimp.
If I had been this young lady's father, Kobe wouldn't have ever made it to his fateful helicopter ride...and I would probably be out of prison already.
You know...first offense...
temporary insanity...
crime of passion...
protecting & defending my family... all of this would be brought up during the trial and it wouldn't take long for the prosecution to offer the deal.
The trial wouldn't be about innocence or guilt...that would be a given... the trial would be about getting MY story out in order to leverage the lightest sentence possible...I would use that fame & fortune against him.

I'd accept a plea to 10 yrs. & be out in 4 with good behavior & positive reform actions (teaching, group therapy, etc...)

Don't underestimate The Art of the Plea Deal

saddlemount

Mudslinger
That would make you, your daughter's pimp.
If I had been this young lady's father, Kobe wouldn't have ever made it to his fateful helicopter ride...and I would probably be out of prison already.
You know...first offense...
temporary insanity...
crime of passion...
protecting & defending my family... all of this would be brought up during the trial and it wouldn't take long for the prosecution to offer the deal.
The trial wouldn't be about innocence or guilt...that would be a given... the trial would be about getting MY story out in order to leverage the lightest sentence possible...I would use that fame & fortune against him.

I'd accept a plea to 10 yrs. & be out in 4 with good behavior & positive reform actions (teaching, group therapy, etc...)

Don't underestimate The Art of the Plea Deal
Yea, right. I'm sure you'd have killed Kobe Bryant. Uh-huh. Guess that's why we hear about so many other powerful men being killed by the fathers of young women who are sexually assaulted.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
This would have been an actual crime,not a civil matter. The litigants would have been State of Colorado v. Bryant.
I don't recall saying that this was a civil matter. Either way if anyone cares to actually research facts on the matter, here's an article from 2003 when the incident happened: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=124932&page=1. Yea I get it, the fawning media today is squashing all the negative stuff about him.
Again, this was a 19-year old girl still living at home with her parents. She worked in a hotel where Kobe was staying. As you can see from the article, an A-hole radio DJ (who just so HAPPENED to be based on Los Angeles) broadcast the girl's identity to the world. Just curious if you've ever been a target of thousands of angry/outraged people attacking you like a bunch of lunatics.
I don't have a dog in this race. I used to follow basketball but not much anymore. But I'm old enough and been beaten around enough to see with my own eyes how the world really works, and there wasn't much motivation for this kid to take on somebody like Kobe and all his fans unless there was substance to her story.

CPUSA

Yea, right. I'm sure you'd have killed Kobe Bryant. Uh-huh. Guess that's why we hear about so many other powerful men being killed by the fathers of young women who are sexually assaulted.
I can't speak for others...just what I would've done for my daughter. Is it my fault there are so many Beta dads out there?
Or dads who would pimp out their daughters instead of defending their honor? :sshrug: