Oil pipeline explodes in Nigeria

B

Bruzilla

desertrat said:
There must be something more to the story. How does oil explode?

Oil doesn't explode, but where there's oil there's fumes and some content of natural gas in the voids of the pipe and adjacent areas. Someone goes in there and brings or creates an ignition source and POOF! You get a fireball that tracks back into the pipe, sets off the gases inside it, and BANG... you got a bunch of dead, stupid, opportunists to clean up.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Bruzilla said:
Oil doesn't explode, but where there's oil there's fumes and some content of natural gas in the voids of the pipe and adjacent areas. Someone goes in there and brings or creates an ignition source and POOF! You get a fireball that tracks back into the pipe, sets off the gases inside it, and BANG... you got a bunch of dead, stupid, opportunists to clean up.
Naw, there's probably not too much to clean up. I offer to send all of our hippies to help clean up the oil though.

Hessian

OK Dude, here's your brawney towels...

:killingme

But...Nancy is right...even if we were never supposed to get a drop of that oil:we will pay for the panic.

D

dems4me

Bustem' Down said:
Naw, there's probably not too much to clean up. I offer to send all of our hippies to help clean up the oil though.

:smack: only if there's baby ducks involved or yellow perch :smack: