Okay, Boomer...

Hessian

So the Kennedy-Johnson kids have been labeled Generation Jones. Hmm, that works for me. I did Pride myself in the "Late Boomer" class, but have been irked that they keep pushing back SS benefits that I have been paying into since 1981. What's next,....push back medicare too? Reduce assistance we have paid for?

Here's to the Squad 51, Adam 12, Gunsmoke, and Spaghetti Western Generation. Hey hey, We're the Monkeys....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I really dont' want to be a Jones.

I'd just got used to Boomer.
Just wait until I tell Thing 2! He always likes to say to me "Calm down, Boomer"...when I go on & on about something to him. 🤣🤣🤣

Hessian

Hey Generation Jones....What was your first TV memory? Disney on Sunday Evenings? Wide World of Sports on Sat Afternoons (after chores?) or Don Pardoe hosting Jeopardy?

My parents steered us away from evening news...between 1968's riots and Vietnam body bags...nope.

My First Outdoor Movie was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....way up in the Adirondacks.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hey Generation Jones....What was your first TV memory? Disney on Sunday Evenings? Wide World of Sports on Sat Afternoons (after chores?) or Don Pardoe hosting Jeopardy?

My parents steered us away from evening news...between 1968's riots and Vietnam body bags...nope.

My First Outdoor Movie was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....way up in the Adirondacks.
Oh wow... first TV memory is a tough one. I would have to say Disney, but it may have been McHale's Navy. The only movie I remember at the Drive-In is The Sand Pebbles. My brother was just discharged from the Navy after a tour in Viet Nam. I tagged along with him and his fiance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh wow... first TV memory is a tough one. I would have to say Disney, but it may have been McHale's Navy. The only movie I remember at the Drive-In is The Sand Pebbles. My brother was just discharged from the Navy after a tour in Viet Nam. I tagged along with him and his fiance.
We used to go to the drive-in all the time when sistard and I were little with our parents. I remember playing in the playground in my pajamas and then having to go to bed in the back of our VW station wagon. :lol:

DaSDGuy

Saturday morning cartoons - not the censored crap they show today. Because we were not absolute morons and realized you can't fall off a cliff and bounce back up. And just because wabbit season/duck season involved firearms we can't shoot our friends in the face.