Okay, whose mom is this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My daughter, 11, has been wonderful throughout the pandemic. She social distances at all times, we never have to remind her to put her masks on, and we found a fully virtual scholastic program so she can avoid the significant risks of large crowds in the public schools.

A few weeks ago, however, her other parent and I had an obligation that we both had to be present for (we are both vaccinated, it was socially distanced, and we were wearing masks). Usually one of us would stay home with her, but because of her maturity level and the short time we would be gone, we assumed we could trust her on her own.

When we arrived home, we found her with a friend of hers who lives about a block away. She has visited on occasion throughout the pandemic but they know the rules. They are to stay outside and on opposite ends of the driveway or patio. The patio only offers about 5 feet of distance, but we decided that should be enough as long as they stay outside and keep their masks on.

Anyway, when we arrived home on this particular day, both her and her friend were in the living room, sitting on the same couch, not wearing masks, not socially distanced, and each putting their hands into the same bowl of chips. Why she would take this kind of risk, I still don’t understand.

I immediately told her friend that she had to go home and to please inform her mother to call me at her earliest convenience. I then expressed my disappointment with my daughter and informed her how dangerous what she did was. I reminded her about the delta variant and how it’s caused so many children her age to end up in the ICU. I told her that she only has to wait a few more months until she’s eligible for the vaccine, and this isn’t the time to become complacent.

We took all the necessary steps to remain safe. She immediately quarantined in her bedroom for the suggested two weeks. I cleaned the house thoroughly and opened multiple windows to circulate the air. Luckily, we all came out of this debacle safely.

I still don’t feel I can trust her, though. I understand it’s normal for her to make mistakes, but this wasn’t forgetting to turn a light off or close the refrigerator. She put her life at risk. How do we start building the trust back?

—Trust Issues

Dear Trust:

Your (checks pronouns) "daughter" ( did xe decide this or did you gender xer?) is clearly a Trump supporting white supremacist who is trying to kill us all and you should post-partum abort her. She not only risked her life, she tried to kill her friend, and you, and everyone she comes into contact with. This cannot be tolerated or excused.

Nor can you ignore the damage she did to your home by airing it out. You must burn that house to the ground, with all contents, and sow the foundation with salt. Then, because you are infected, you must jump off the highest bridge you can find and take your daughter's other parent with you.

Do it TODAY before your MAGA daughter kills anyone else!!

Love,
Vrai

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Something about the tone of the writing... the airing of the house, panic over distancing, a few other things, makes me think this was written many many months ago during the initial throws of the pandemic, and not something that happened very recently.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Something about the tone of the writing... the airing of the house, panic over distancing, a few other things, makes me think this was written many many months ago during the initial throws of the pandemic, and not something that happened very recently.
I'm sure there are people still like this. Especially since she mentioned the Delta variant.