Oklahoma Barber Shop Has No-Women-Allowed Policy. One Man’s Wife Is Offended.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maliki Skowroski, who said she accompanied her husband to King’s Kuts in Ponca City where he wanted to get a haircut and have his beard trimmed, told KFOR, “The man kind of ignores my husband, and just directly approaches me and says, ‘I’m sorry, but we have a strict no-women’s policy. You can’t be here.’ He’s like, ‘No. You’re a woman. This is like, a guys’ hangout. You can’t be here. You need to go.’”

She added, “It’s not cute no matter how you describe it. It’s not cute. You can’t treat people that way. Nobody was there. I wasn’t offending somebody with my presence.”

Owner Daxton Nichols had a different perspective, saying, “In New York City, there’s over 17 women’s only clubs where women can go and do the salon thing. They can go get their nails done, and their hair done, talk business amongst each other and do that whole women’s power ‘hear me roar’ stuff.’ What are we doing to hurt somebody’s feelings? I mean, show me where we hurt you, really. I mean, this is just people getting offended just because they can.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/okla...omen-allowed-policy-one-mans-wife-is-offended

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't have a problem with this policy. Freedom of association has a corollary, freedom to not associate.

Hijinx

I wouldn't want her in a womans beauty parlor. Purple hair is bad for business, and too much make up.

Last edited:

SamSpade

I’d make it easy - this is a busy place. If you’re not a customer then you can’t stay.

SamSpade

Actually many years ago I had a similar experience. I went into a barbershop in Temple Hills and didn’t realize it was a black barbershop. The barber cut my hair anyway but admitted I was the first white man he’d ever trimmed.

Hijinx

Funny you should mention that. I wonder where there is a black Barber shop in St. Mary's
I will ask a friend next time I see him.

Barabbas

She added, “It’s not cute no matter how you describe it. It’s not cute. You can’t treat people that way. Nobody was there. I wasn’t offending somebody with my presence.”

She has every right to be offended.

And, the response to her being offended is, "so what?"