Oklahoma bomb maker: terrorist or tard?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Not just any "device"...

Here's an important part that got oddly stuck at the end of the article:
Dreyling told authorities he built the device for entertainment value, never intending to hurt anyone and forgot that it was in his carryon bag when he brought it to the airport, according to an affidavit.

Thank golly the X-ray screener had their coffee yesterday. Pretty costly mistake; maybe he'll be more cautious in the future.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bullshit. Nobody puts an explosive in their luggage and "forgets" it's there. This guy was recruited by terrorists to see if Will Rogers security dudes are paying attention or not. College students are easy marks because they need the money and are typically anti-war leftists.

This will come out at some point.

hvp05

vraiblonde said:
This will come out at some point.
Wow, are you cynical or what?

Oh... yeah, you are. :huggy:

I agree that his explanation is not sufficient. Hopefully a search of his residence will reveal some necessary details.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
hvp05 said:
Wow, are you cynical or what?
I believe anything at this point - EXCEPT that someone put an explosive in their carry-on luggage and forgot it was there.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
I believe anything at this point - EXCEPT that someone put an explosive in their carry-on luggage and forgot it was there.

Its a good thing he's not a smoker... :lol:

I heard a blurb on the radio this morning that they havn't raised the threat level yet but it had something to do with terrorists trying to attack on or around 911 and hijacking fuel tanker trucks.... did you hear anything about this? I thought their motus operandi (sp???) was always to create large amounts of casualties... here, I think they'd just get stuck in gridlock or something... :shrug: :confused:

hvp05

dems4me said:
... something to do with terrorists trying to attack on or around 911 and hijacking fuel tanker trucks....
Yah, I be hearin' about it. Supposedly, they want to attack by 19 Sep.; to get it right around the 11th would be a nice bonus for them. The idea is similar to that employed in London: multiple simultaneous small to medium attacks instead of one major attack. The casualty tally would probably be less using this method, but they would still be disturbing our sense of safety, which is the primary goal anyway.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
This guy was recruited by terrorists to see if Will Rogers security dudes are paying attention or not. College students are easy marks because they need the money and are typically anti-war leftists.

Now, usually I follow the philosophy: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity".

But I have to agree here.

Nobody "forgets" a bomb in their luggage.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
CO2 cylinder and gunpowder do not make a firecracker, they make a bomb. Even if your landlord used to be mayor.